Friends and loved ones are the ones who stick with you through life’s crazy twists and turns. Whether they’re sharing a slice of pizza or staying awake with you through the night when you’re sick, they make the world a better place.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to Friends
- Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to Family Members
- Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to a Boss or Colleagues
- Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to a Partner or Spouse
- Appreciative Text Messages to Send on a Birthday or Special Day
There are many ways to show gratitude but the fastest and easiest might be through sending a personal text message. Your words of thanks don’t need to be long and drawn out, they just need to be from the heart.
Here are some ideas to show your appreciation through an appreciation text message that can work for nearly any situation.
Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to Friends
Good friends are people who will drop everything and arrive at a moment’s notice. They’re also very rare and not everyone has them. If you find yourself blessed with people in your life who love and support you, send them a little thank you note to let them know how much you cherish them.
1. You’re my best friend. I may not say it very often, but please know that I greatly appreciate everything you do for me.
Best friends are there for you when no one else is. They see you through both good and tough times. This message is perfect for a friend you’ve always been able to rely on.
2. You're the best friend a person could ever have. Thanks for sticking by me.
Good friends make a person's life much easier. They stick by you regardless of the situation you’re in and make you feel like you're not alone. Best friends truly are a blessing, and if you have friends like that, this is the perfect thank you note for them.
3. I will always treasure your thoughtfulness and friendship. Thanks for being my friend and being there for me.
Having a good friend is one of the best things that can happen in life. Send a friend this message if you feel this way about him or her. You might be surprised how much it means.
4. I can never repay the gift of your friendship. I hope that you know I appreciate all that you do for me.
This note of appreciation works for your best friend or any close companion who has supported you.
5. You have made my life so much more beautiful with your friendship. Thank you for choosing to be my friend through thick and thin.
The best of friends stick by your side through thick and thin. They help you get up when you're down and they celebrate your accomplishments with you. Friends like these are rare and if you have someone in your life like that, show your friend your appreciation by sending this message.
Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to Family Members
Family can be one of the best things in life. When the road is hard, you can always turn to your family for emotional support and encouragement.
Whether your family’s quirky, crazy, or sane, it’s important to tell each member, “I appreciate you” for his or her role in your life. Send messages of appreciation often and be sure family members know how much you love them.
6. Home is my favorite place on earth because it’s where you are. Thanks for being the best [mom/dad/brother] a person can have.
No matter where you may wander as you grow older, home is always where the family is, no matter what. If you have a family member who truly makes you feel like you’re home, send this message.
7. I can’t thank you enough for what you have done and how you have supported me. You deserve a million thanks and hugs to boot!
Sometimes a simple thanks is not enough and you feel like giving a million hugs to the people you love the most. This note is for those situations. If you have a family member that deserves all the thanks you can send their way, then message them with these few words.
8. [Mom/Dad/Brother], you are the one who has made me into the man/woman I am. Thank you for your influence in my life.
Family members have a big hand in shaping your life. That is why caring family members are always a blessing. Send this to your family members and let them know that you are grateful for all they’ve done for you.
9. Thank you for being my biggest support. I can’t tell you enough how much you mean to me.
A family that supports you and celebrates your accomplishments is a true blessing. So if you have the sort of family you can credit for being your pillar of support through tough times, send this message.
10. Thank you for shaping me into who I am today. I will never forget the sacrifices that you have made for me.
Emotions are hard to express with words, especially if they come from a place deep in your heart. Most people don't talk about their feelings, but that doesn't mean you shouldn’t. Even if it’s hard and you don’t often say what you feel, it’s important to take the opportunity and tell your family members how much they matter.
Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to a Boss or Colleagues
Bosses and colleagues see growth and struggles, support your ideas, and help you become a better person. When you have a boss or colleague who has had a particular impact on your life, send them a short message to say “Thanks.”
11. You are the reason I look forward to work every day. Thank you for being that kind of boss.
Is your boss the kind of person who leads with patience, grace, gentleness, and genuine leadership? If so, he’s likely someone you truly appreciate. Send him a short message to let him know.
12. Good colleagues are hard to come by. Thank you for being my colleague and my friend.
It’s rare to find someone who’s a good colleague and ally in the workplace. Colleagues make your day fly instead of drag, help you cope, and celebrate your successes. Tell your workplace friend how you feel.
13. Thank you for being someone I can trust. I appreciate everything you do for me.
Sometimes the people you work with can become like your second family. If you have the type of colleagues you can trust with work and life matters, send this message their way.
14. Thank you for sticking your neck out for me. I will never forget all you’ve done for me.
A good boss will go out on a limb and give you a chance, defend your actions to the higher-ups, and be a person who will stick by you even if you’ve made a mistake. If you have this type of boss, send her a message to let her know how much you value her actions.
15. You’re the reason these tedious work hours fly by. Thank you for choosing to be more than just a colleague.
Everyone understands what it’s like to work in a job that isn’t enjoyable. The right coworker makes even the most tedious job bearable. This message is for those people.
Get weekly reminders to live life fully.
We'll send inspirational quotes directly to your inbox.
Text Messages of Appreciation to Send to a Partner or Spouse
Spouses and partners make life a joy. They’re with you through the ups and downs, support your visions and dreams, and help you see the brighter side of life. In the hustle and bustle of life, it can be easy to forget to tell them how much they mean to you. Take a moment and send your spouse or partner a message of thanks.
16. Thank you for being the love of my life. You are the greatest gift I have been given.
Being with the one that you love is one of life's greatest pleasures. Send this to your soul mate so he or she knows how much you care.
17. I thank God every day for giving me such a loving, caring, thoughtful, kind, and understanding wife/husband/partner like you.
Finding someone who loves you, cares for you, thinks about you, is kind, and wants to make your life better is an incredible gift. Let your spouse or partner know.
18. You brighten my world and light up my future just by being you. The thought of having you by my side gives me the courage to go on. Thank you for everything.
Your spouse or partner can be the greatest source of inspiration, encouragement, and courage to live your life. Let them know just how much that presence in your life means to you.
19. Every single day is full of joy because you are in my life. Thanks for being the best husband/wife a person could ask for!
Your husband or spouse should make every day a joy to live. If your spouse or partner brightens up your life and brings you joy just by walking in the room, be sure to explain!
20. Thank you for helping me with [a situation or event] and for always being by my side. You’re the best! I love you.
Spouses get roped into all sorts of activities and situations with their other half. For those with partners who support their crazy dreams or help them through difficult times, send a message like this.
Appreciative Text Messages to Send on a Birthday or Special Day
Birthdays are perfect occasions to let people know how much you treasure their presence in your life. Don’t just send a gift, send a heartfelt message letting them know how much they mean to you.
21. Today, we celebrate the one person who means more to me in this world than anyone else. Have a wonderful, happy birthday, my [friend/brother/sister/spouse].
This message is perfect for the people you are closest to in this world such as your spouse, best friend, or a close family member.
22. I hope you achieve all your dreams and goals in life and I support you just as much as you have supported me. Happy birthday!
No matter who has supported you on your life journey, be sure to let that person know how much you appreciate the help and how you’ll do the same in return.
23. I’m so grateful we get to celebrate you today! You are the best friend/mom a person could have.
Send people this short message to let them know that you are genuinely grateful for their place in your life.
24. You deserve the best today and every day. Thank you for the many ways you have been an encouragement and support in my life.
Those who do the most in our lives deserve the best celebrations. Let them know how much they mean to you.
25. Here’s to celebrating you — the greatest present I’ve been given.
Perfect for a close family member or spouse, this simple message lets people know how much they mean to you.
Share Your Appreciation
Words are more than just letters and spaces. They’re the reflection of our thoughts and emotions. In a time when sending letters and greeting cards is becoming less prevalent, sending a heartfelt message to a friend or loved one helps communicate your thoughts and feelings.
Life is too short to leave things like these unsaid. Take some time today to send a message and show someone you care.