Starz is loved by thousands for providing on-demand content such as blockbuster movies and original TV shows. The purchasing model is a subscription method and, for many, there comes a time when that subscription needs to get canceled.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- How to Cancel Your Own Starz Subscription
- How to Cancel a Deceased Loved One’s Starz Subscription
- Frequently Asked Questions: Cancel a Starz Subscription
Maybe you’re ready to move on to a competitor in the cable space. Perhaps you’ll try a streaming service, instead. Or maybe you’re just ready to be done paying for cable. Whatever the case, canceling is fairly straightforward. Read on for all the steps and info you’ll need to cancel your service.
How to Cancel Your Own Starz Subscription
Because of how Starz is set up, you might have subscribed to the service directly through Starz.com, through a cable or satellite provider, via Roku, Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, Google, Apple, and even Sprint. Each subscription signup has a different cancelation method and we’ll walk you through each one.
Step 1: Find your subscription method
Since you can subscribe to Starz through so many different avenues, your first step will be figuring out how you signed up. To do this, log in to your Starz account online or on the app.
If you’re on a web browser, navigate to settings from the user icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
If you’re on the app, navigate to settings from the menu on the bottom right and select “Account Management.”
From settings (web browser) or account management (app), you’ll see the option for “My Subscription.”
Click on “My Subscription” and your partner provider will be listed.
Step 2: Follow the steps according to your subscription provider
Each subscription provider has different instructions for canceling. Keep reading for instructions for each provider.
If you signed up for a subscription directly through Starz.com, then these instructions are for you.
First, log in to your Starz account. Then, hover over the menu dropdown and select “Settings.”
From Settings, click on “My Subscription.”
Select “Cancel Subscription.” You’ll be asked to re-enter your login credentials including email and password before you submit the cancelation request.
Your subscription will be set to cancel when your renewal date comes around. Until then, you can continue using the Starz service.
Through a cable or satellite provider
Because each cable and satellite provider has different requirements when it comes to canceling a subscription or service, you should cancel your provider directly. Locate their customer service number, then call and request assistance to cancel your Starz subscription.
Note: It’s best to start this process several days before your subscription is set to renew. It’s also a good idea to avoid weekends and holidays, as some offices might be closed and unable to assist.
If you signed up through Roku, you can cancel it two ways: from the Roku player or a computer.
- Roku player: Go to Roku home and select the Starz app. Press the options button (it’s an asterisk *) on the remote control. Select “Manage Subscription” from the menu then select “Cancel Subscription.”
- Computer: Sign in to your Roku account then choose the option to “Manage Your Subscriptions.” Select Starz, then select “Unsubscribe.”
Navigate to your Microsoft account and sign in. Locate your subscriptions and select Starz. Then, select “Manage.”
You’ll see the auto-renewal setting switched to “on.” Click this to switch it off to cancel the subscription. A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm the cancelation. Confirm and your subscription will cancel when the next renewal date comes around.
Amazon provides two methods to subscribe to Starz content. You can subscribe through Prime by purchasing a channel add-on, or you can subscribe through the Amazon App Store.
- Amazon Prime channel add-on: Go to your Amazon account prime channels and scroll to the bottom of the list where you’ll see the Starz subscription. Select Starz, then select “Cancel Subscription.” Follow the prompts to complete the cancelation process.
- Amazon App Store: Go to your Amazon app subscriptions. Navigate to the Starz subscription and click “Actions.” Under the Actions tab, you’ll see an option to cancel your subscription. Select this to cancel Starz.
You can cancel your Starz subscription through Amazon in two ways: through a Samsung Smart TV or online.
- Samsung Smart TV: Sign in to your Samsung account, then go to account info. Select “Payment Info” and then “Purchase History.” Click on Starz, then select “Unsubscribe.”
- Computer: Go to your Samsung account and log in. Select “Purchase HIstory” then scroll through your subscriptions until you locate Starz. Select “Unsubscribe” to cancel your subscription.
You can cancel your Starz subscription via the Google Play Store on an Android device or a computer. Here are the steps for both methods.
- Google Play Store on an Android device: Open the Google Play Store, then select “Menu.” Select “Subscriptions” and scroll down until you see your Starz subscription. Select it and click “Cancel.”
- Computer: Go to your Google Play Store account and locate your subscriptions. Scroll down to Starz, select it, and choose “Cancel.”
There are three ways to cancel your Starz subscription via Apple: through your iPhone or iPad, your Apple TV, or through the computer.
- iPhone or iPad: Log in to your account, then open the App Store. Select your profile and then select “Subscriptions.” Scroll down until you see Starz. Select “Cancel Subscription” and follow the prompts to complete your cancelation request.
- Apple TV: Open the settings on your Apple TV and navigate to your account. Select “Subscriptions” and scroll down to Starz. Select Starz and choose “Cancel Subscription.”
- Computer: Open iTunes on your computer and log in to your account. Select “Settings,” then “Subscriptions,” then “Manage.” Scroll down to Starz, select it, and choose, “Cancel Subscription.” Select “Done” to confirm cancelation.
To cancel your Starz subscription through Sprint, navigate to the Sprint website and log in. Click “My Preferences,” then “Limits and Preferences,” and finally “Block Apps, Digital Media Downloads & Third-Party Charges.” Select the Starz subscription and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel a Deceased Loved One’s Starz Subscription
Canceling a deceased loved one’s Starz subscription might be a bit tricky, but we’ll try and clear up any confusion.
Step 1: Collect account and personal information
Gather as much information about your loved one’s subscription as you can. This means figuring out which provider they purchased a subscription from, their billing address, email on file, and related account information such as a password.
You’ll also need to get a death certificate copy and proof of your relationship or executorship. These are common requirements when carrying out executor duties when someone dies since companies require proof of your legal right to terminate contracts, receive refunds, or request deletion of accounts.
If you’re unsure of their billing address, email on file, or subscription information, look through their password manager or old email records for billing invoices and company communication.
Step 2: Determine the service provider
As with your own account, you’ll need to figure out which service provider your loved one purchased their subscription of Starz through. Since each provider has different cancellation requirements, we’ll give you the best and easiest method to proceed through this step.
If you can’t log in to their account, then the best step to take would be to call Starz customer service at (970) 438-2789. They will ask for identifying account information and help locate your loved one’s account. You’ll then be provided with information for the service provider your loved one purchased their subscription from.
Step 3: Contact the proper service provider
Once you figure out which service provider your loved one signed up through, either follow the steps as if you were closing your own account, or contact them directly for further details. Each provider will require different information, so contacting them directly will likely be the fastest way to complete this task.
Frequently Asked Questions: Cancel a Starz Subscription
Here are a few answers to specific cancelation questions.
How do you cancel a Starz subscription on Amazon?
To do this, you’ll need to go directly to your Amazon subscriptions and cancel it after logging in to your Amazon account.
How do you cancel a Starz subscription on Roku?
There are two ways: through the Roku player or on a computer. See the above section for specific instructions for these two methods.
How can you cancel a Starz subscription on an iPhone?
You can! See the above section for step-by-step instructions.
Keeping Your Accounts Straight
With the variety of digital services available, consumers are gaining a rapidly growing number of online accounts and subscriptions. Rather than ignoring unused accounts and hoping they’ll go away, cancel subscriptions, delete accounts, and keep your digital footprint tidy.