What’s a Badoo account? Even if you’ve never heard of Badoo chances are, you’ve used sites like it. If you’re on Tinder, for instance, you know the basic principle behind Badoo. It’s for social networking—primarily it’s a dating site—so it is used by millions of people.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- How to Permanently Delete Your Own Badoo Account
- How to Permanently Delete a Badoo Account for Someone Who Died
- Badoo Account Deletion FAQs
If you have a Badoo account, you might want to delete it. Maybe you’re ready to take a step back from the dating world. Or, you’ve found the love of your life. If you’re in charge of someone else’s digital legacy, you might need to delete their account. No matter what your reasons are, deleting your Badoo account is very simple.
How to Permanently Delete Your Own Badoo Account
You might be ready to delete yourself from the Internet. If that’s the case, here’s how to get started with your Badoo account.
Log in to your account
To start the process of deleting your account, you’ll need to log in. This is where having a password manager comes in handy. For most people, remembering passwords is hard. This is especially true for dating sites since there are a lot of options out there. You may just decide to stop using them and forget what your login information is. It might have been years since you logged into your account.
If you’ve exhausted your password managers, and still had no luck, you’ll have to restore your password. Do you remember what email is associated with your Badoo account? If so, it’s easy. Badoo will send you an email with details on how to reset your password.
If you don’t see the email check your spam folder. Sometimes miscellaneous emails get routed there.
If all else fails, feel free to reach out and contact their Customer Care Team. If you run into snags at any point in the process, they suggest doing this. They can help you get into your account.
Delete your account
Once you’ve logged in, you need to click on your profile picture. On most social media sites, it’s called an avatar. On the Badoo page, your avatar is located in the upper left-hand corner.
Once you’ve clicked on it, select the top-right icon, which looks like a gear. This will lead you to Account Settings. At the bottom of the Account Settings page, you’ll see the Delete Account option.
Look at the suggestions
Like most sites, Badoo doesn’t want you to leave! They give lots of other suggestions for what you can do with your account instead of deleting it. Here are the options:
- Get removed from Google searches. Maybe you don’t want anyone to be able to find you on a dating site. If you’re trying to find a new job or you’re worried about people searching for you, this might be the right option.
- Control who sees you. You might not want everyone to see your profile on Badoo. If that’s the case, you can change your settings so only people you initiate contact with can see your information.
- Hide your account. You might not be ready to delete your account. But if you’d like to make it invisible, you can also go that route. This is a good choice if you think you want to come back to Badoo later.
- Clear your history. Sometimes, you just want a clean slate. If that’s the case, you can clear out your notifications, favorites, and more.
- Turn off notifications. All the notifications you get in a day are overwhelming. If you just want to cut down on them, you can turn off the notifications. Your account will still exist but you’ll have to log in to see if anyone has contacted you.
- Sign out. Signing out is easy. And once you’re signed out you can create another account, let someone else sign in, or whatever you want to do.
- Delete your account. If you’d like to move forward and delete your account, you can also do that.
Tell them why
Pick a reason from the given options. Why would you like your account deleted? Are you not finding anyone, or is it not the right platform for you? Pick an answer and click Continue.
To finish the process, type your password. This confirms that it’s you deleting your account. After you do this step, type the characters you see in the next box. That confirms you aren’t a robot.
Once you’ve worked through these steps, click Delete Your Account. Now you’re done. Your account is deleted.
How to Permanently Delete a Badoo Account for Someone Who Died
If you’re managing someone else’s digital legacy, you might be in charge of deleting their accounts. Though it might seem tricky, part of the essential post-loss checklist includes handling their accounts. Deleting their Badoo account ensures it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Looking at their records
If your loved one started end-of-life planning, your job might be easy. You might be able to find their username and password easily. If that’s the case, follow the steps above to delete their account. Thanks to Badoo’s password recovery process, there’s another option. If you know the email they associated with the account and can log into that email, you’re in business.
If you’ve exhausted all those options, Badoo doesn’t have a policy for deleting someone else’s account. You’ll need to contact their Customer Care Team and explain the situation.
Badoo Account Deletion FAQs
If you want to know more, here are some popular questions.
How do you delete your Badoo account on the app?
To delete your account on the app, walk through the same steps listed above! Don’t just delete the app. Deleting an app and deleting an account are two separate things.
If you just delete the icon from your phone your account and all its information still exists. You have to completely delete your account before removing the app from your phone to fully close your profile.
What happens when you delete your Badoo account?
According to their site, many Badoo users rethink their decision. Because of that, your personal information is retained for thirty days. After that, Badoo can delete all your personal information at their discretion.
How do you reactivate your Badoo account?
When you delete your account, you’ll receive a confirmation email. In this email, you’ll receive a link that allows you to reactivate your account. The link is only good for thirty days, so you’ll need to make a decision within that window or risk having to create a new account.
Taking Care of Your Badoo Account
If you’re in charge of someone else’s digital footprint, it’s best to focus on sites that contain financial or personal information. If they had a Badoo account, particularly a paid one, it’s best to cover those bases first.
- Badoo. “Help Centre.” n.d., badoo.com/help/?q=delete%2525252525252525252Bprofile