If someone you love isn’t feeling well, it’s important to reach out to them. Whether your loved one is ill, had a surgery, or is recovering from an injury, let them know you’re thinking of them. This is especially true for a brother. A sibling is someone who’s there from the earliest of days. This is a forever friend, so lift the spirits with some kind words.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages for a Card
- Short ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages for a Text or DM
- Funny ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages
- ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ for a Little Brother
- ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ for a Big Brother
- ‘Get Well Soon, Brother-in-Law’ Messages
- Post-Surgery ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages
- ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Facebook Status or Social Media Post Ideas
- Popular ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Quotes
While it might seem small to send get well wishes, this tiny gesture means the world to someone recovering. We all understand how it feels to be ill or recovering. Offer a bit of inspiration or even a get well gift to ensure they have a speedy recovery.
You don’t need to be an expert wordsmith to master the art of ‘get well soon’ messages. Here are 25+ short ‘get well soon, brother’ messages that are the right fit for any situation.
‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages for a Card
One of the best ways to deliver your ‘get well soon’ message is by card. This practice is slowly becoming less common, so it shows a lot that you chose a card and wrote a handwritten message. Don’t forget to leave a sympathy card signature to create a personal touch and use these go-to messages.
1. “Hope you feel better soon, brother.”
When in doubt, keep it simple and sweet. There doesn’t need to be anything complicated in your letter, especially if you’re worried about saying the wrong thing. It’s the thought that truly counts.
2. “Sending you a bit of sunshine to cheer your day! Have a speedy recovery.”
Your kind words carry more weight than you think. Though small, this act of thoughtfulness brings cheer to your brother’s day.
3. “Miss you, brother. Get well soon!”
If you haven’t seen your brother in a while, let him know you’re thinking of him during his recovery. It’s nice to know your loved ones miss you, especially someone as close as a sibling.
4. “Find the strength to keep strong during your recovery.”
When you’re not feeling your best, the words of your friends and family keep you going strong. While easier said than done, it’s nice to remind your brother that he’s strong and capable of overcoming all of life’s obstacles.
5. “Miss you loads! Remember I’m here if you need anything.”
In addition to letting your brother know that you miss him, remind him that you’re always there for him. Offering to help out during these times could lead to a speedier recovery, especially if he’s healing alone.
Short ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages for a Text or DM
If you’re unable to send a card, you can also send a message for your brother via text or DM. This is the fastest way to let him know you care, and it’s a great way to start a conversation that turns into a call or video chat.
6. “I heard you’re not feeling well. What can I do to help?
Again, when you’re not feeling well, you rely on friends and family to help. Maybe your brother could use a warm meal, tea, or medication. Offering a helping hand means the world to him.
7. “Take it easy, brother.”
Our brothers are quick to carry a larger burden than they can carry. If your brother is used to always having things under control, let him know that it’s okay to take it easy for a while. The more he rests, the faster his body heals.
8. “Healing takes time! Take this time to get some much-needed rest.”
For the brother that’s always on the go, remind him to get his rest. This isn’t a time for chores and worries. It’s a time for recovery, so that should be his only focus.
9. “Let’s schedule a call this week, brother.”
Being sick is often isolating. If you’re not able to go out in public or to work, you might feel more alone than usual. Being there for your brother with a phone call or video chat is the best way to bring a smile to his face. He might be looking for an excuse to chat, so offer the schedule a time yourself.
10. “Being sick is the worst! Let me know if you need anything at all.”
Sometimes you just want a bit of sympathy when you’re under the weather. Nobody likes feeling unwell, so commiserate together about how much of a pain this is.
Funny ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages
Who doesn’t love a good laugh? Even when you’re feeling sick, laughter really is the best medicine. These funny jokes will have your brother feeling better in no time.
11. “Looks like I can finally beat you in a fight! Get well soon.”
If your brother is notoriously stronger than you, let him know that you’re officially ready to take him in a (hypothetical) fight. This is sure to put a smile on his face.
12. “Look at the bright side—at least you don’t have to go to work.”
If there’s one thing that’s good about sick days, it’s that you don’t have to worry about work or life’s many responsibilities. Though temporary, this is a form of comfort.
13. “Get well soon! I’m tired of covering for you at family dinner.”
Letting your sibling know how their illness is inconveniencing you might not be in great taste, but it sure is funny for the brother with a good sense of humor. Family dinners haven’t been the same without him!
14. “I’d prefer if you didn’t die before me.”
It might be a bit morbid, but sometimes that’s just what you need to laugh at all that life has in store. Dying before your sibling would be quite the bummer, so why not poke fun at it?
15. “I’m so glad you got sick instead of me. Feel better!”
While it’s hard to see your sibling sick, you have to admit it’s better than being sick yourself! This is sure to make him laugh out loud.
‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ for a Little Brother
There is no perfect answer for what to say when someone’s sick, so use the words that mean something to you. For a little brother, let him know you’ll always be there to have his back.
16. “Sending all my love to you, little bro.”
If you’re close to your little brother, send your best wishes his way. These warm thoughts mean a lot when you’re feeling down.
17. “I wish I could go through this instead of you! Feel better.”
When our loved ones don’t feel well, we always want to take their pain away. If you could trade places, you would. Let him know you’re there for him every step of his recovery.
18. “Brother, I’m always here for you. Be well.”
Siblings really are there for each other through thick and thin. From the earliest days, you’ve had each other’s backs. That won’t change anytime soon!
19. “If anyone’s got this, it’s you! Cheering you on always.”
You’re your little brother’s biggest cheerleader. Now it’s time to cheer them on through this challenge and the next.
20. “We’re all thinking of you, little brother. You’ll feel better soon.”
It’s also common to send a message on behalf of your family or other loved ones. Sending one group message wraps all of this sentiment and feeling into a tight package.
‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ for a Big Brother
Big brothers are a strong part of our support system. They’re always looking out for us, and now the tables have turned. Show him that you’re on his side no matter what life brings.
21. “It’s my turn to take care of you, big brother.”
While it’s usually the older sibling caring for the younger one, things change when someone feels under the weather. Show him you can be there when it matters most.
22. “I don’t say it enough, but I love you, brother. Feel better soon!”
It’s not always easy to talk about your feelings with your siblings, but it’s something you should feel free to speak about often. Letting your brother know he’s loved goes a long way.
23. “No sickness is stronger than my brother!”
If your big brother is the strongest person you know, remind him that. He’s stronger than this sickness, and he’ll feel better in no time.
24. “I can’t wait to hang out again—get well soon.”
Spending time with siblings is always a fun time. Encourage him to feel better so you can get back to having a good time together.
25. “You’re the toughest cookie I know! Get well soon, brother.”
This message is perfect for the tough cookie in your life. This sickness might have him feeling down, but he’ll be up again soon.
‘Get Well Soon, Brother-in-Law’ Messages
Wishing your brother-in-law a special message to “get well soon” is an act of kindness, but it can sometimes feel awkward. Before you fill in your get well card, make sure you read through these message ideas below. There’s likely to be something that works perfectly for you.
26. “To my favorite brother-in-law, wishing you a speedy recovery and better days ahead!”
If you’re close with your brother-in-law, this is a kind message to send. Wish him a speedy recovery and brighter days with this message ahead. Though you might think it’s easy to overlook this type of phrase, it can make all the difference.
27. “Sending healthy, happy vibes your way, brother-in-law!”
Sending well-wishes to your brother-in-law lets him know you’re thinking of him as he gets better. Whether he’s healing from a surgery, procedure, illness, or injury, this can be an isolating experience.
28. “Best wishes to you during your recovery. Thinking of you during this time.”
Next, speed up your brother-in-law’s recovery with this special “get well soon” message. Knowing that he’s in your thoughts reminds him of why he needs to prioritize his healing. Ultimately, you want to make it clear that he’s never alone.
29. “Sending well-wishes your way during your recovery. I’m looking forward to you rejoining our family events soon! ”
If you and your brother-and-law are close at family events, let him know that you’ve missed having him around. When he knows others are counting on him, he has a lot to look forward to.
30. “Rest is really the best medicine! Make sure you’re taking care of yourself so you’re back to your best self soon.”
If there’s one thing your loved one can do to feel better, it’s rest. Give your brother-in-law permission to take care of himself and put himself first. Sooner than he thinks, he’ll be back to feeling his best.
Post-Surgery ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Messages
After a surgery, it’s hard to take the time you need to feel better. This can often mean bedrest, time at home, and skipping out on activities you enjoy. Sending your brother a “get well soon” message specifically for his post-surgery recovery lets him know how much you’re rooting for his health.
31. “Brother, I hope you’re feeling all the love I’m sending your way right now. Feel better soon!”
If you can’t be there in person, you can still send your brother your love in spirit. The right message lets him know you’re right by his side no matter what comes his way. Family is always close, even if distance keeps you apart.
32. “To my favorite brother, I’m right here cheering for your recovery every step of the way. I’ll always be here for you.”
Whether this is your favorite or only brother, let him know how much you care for him. Having family support behind you as you heal from a surgery makes all the difference.
33. “Hope you’re feeling better after your surgery! Just know that me and the family are holding down everything at home so you can focus on feeling better. Love you!”
After a surgery, it can be hard to let go of your usual responsibilities and chores. Letting your brother know that you have everything under control can be a huge weight off his shoulders. This lets him focus on healing first. Everything else can wait.
34. “I’m thinking about you, brother, as you heal from your procedure. Sending you all the strength for your continued recovery.”
Healing from a procedure takes a lot of strength and courage. Though the medical practice is the first step, the real hard work is the recovery after. With your help, he can get through anything.
35. “Sure, you might be in the hospital, but you can also think of it as a carefree spa day. Cooked meals, no chores, and endless TV? You’re living it up!”
For the brother who isn’t afraid to make a joke, this is the perfect “get well soon” message to send. We all know a hospital stay is far from luxury, so these teasing words are sure to have him laughing out loud. As they say, laughter is the best medicine.
‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Facebook Status or Social Media Post Ideas
Are you wishing your brother “get well soon” on Facebook or social media? Sharing a public message not only spreads awareness about his need to support, but it’s a reminder that you’re together as a family. Still, finding the right words to say can be hard, especially in a public setting. These messages below are always a good fit.
36. “To my dearest brother, I hope you feel a little bit better every day. We’re all thinking of you!”
Remind your brother that you’re thinking of him and rooting for him during his recovery. Every day is an opportunity to feel a little bit better, no matter how small. Progress is always a good thing.
37. “Sending endless sunshine and courage to my brother as he heals. Tomorrow is always a brand new day.”
Send a bit of positivity and kindness your brother's way with a “get well soon” message on social media. Sunshine comes in many forms, even through social media.
38. “To my brother, I hope you get well soon. I’m always a phone call away if you need anything.”
If your brother is busy recovering, he might feel alone. Remind him that you’re always on his side, and you’re only a phone call away. By sharing this on social media, you also encourage others to reach out with their own kindness.
39. “I know being sick is awful, so I’m hoping this message puts a smile on your face, brother. Cheer up! At least you get a break from me for a little while!”
For siblings who are always making jokes at each other’s expense, this message is sure to be a hit. At the very least, he gets some time to himself as he walks the road to recovery.
40. “Get well soon, brother. We all miss you and your ridiculous jokes! ”
Finally, if you miss your brother’s laugh-out-loud personality, let him know you’re looking forward to his next joke. The sooner he feels better, the faster he’ll be back to normal.
Popular ‘Get Well Soon, Brother’ Quotes
Last but not least, don’t feel like you have to invent the “get well soon, brother” message from scratch. Sometimes it’s worth borrowing words and phrases from the experts. These popular “get well soon” quotes are sure to turn his recovery around.
41. “It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” (Anonymous)
Though it might be a rainy period of your brother’s life, this is only a temporary situation. Like a rain storm in the summer, bad weather doesn’t last too long. Sunshine is closer than you think.
42. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” (Albert Einstein)
Hardships are a part of life, but they can be an opportunity to turn everything around. If your brother gives himself the chance to heal, who knows what he could accomplish next? Giving him the chance to put himself first could be a blessing.
43. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” (C.S. Lewis)
It’s okay to go through some of the harder challenges of life, especially if you have big dreams. Remind your brother that these obstacles are only going to make him stronger.
44. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” (Charles R. Swendoll)
When you react to issues with positivity and strength, you show your true character. This Swendoll quote is a powerful way to highlight what’s most important.
45. “What you do today can improve all of your tomorrows.” (Ralph Martson)
Though making sacrifices today can’t always be easy, it can be a chance to grow yourself for the future. Taking the time to heal in this moment makes your brother a stronger man tomorrow. Health is always worth the wait.
46. “The best of healers is good cheer.” (Pindus)
A positive mindset has the potential to make everything better. In addition to rest, your brother needs to remember to keep himself in high spirits. This is where family and friends come in!
47. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
Believing in yourself during tough times is never easy, but it’s an essential part of healing. As Roosevelt said, you have to put yourself first to accomplish your goals.
48. “It’s not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.” (J. R. R. Tolkien)
Similarly, your body is only one part of who you are. What really matters is your strength inside and how you feel about yourself. Like this fantasy author wrote, your spirit is the strongest thing anyone has. It’s also the hardest to break.
49. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” (Vivian Greene)
The world won’t always be sunny and bright, but that doesn’t have to slow you down. When you know how to dance through the bad times, the entire world is a happier place. This is an important life lesson to learn, no matter your age.
50. “Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint.” (Mark Twain)
Lastly, Mark Twain is no stranger to humor. Though your brother might get caught in the what-ifs, he’s best to heed his doctor’s orders. Focus on what you can control and everything else will fall into place.
Kind Messages for Your Brother
These ‘get well soon, brother’ messages are perfect for making sure your sibling heals in no time. Sometimes kindness and laughter is the best way to handle a negative situation, even if it’s only a small gesture.
When you’re not feeling well, you long for connections with those you love. Strengthen your bond with your brother by calling, texting, or writing a letter when it matters most. Though simple, a kind message is worth its weight in gold.