There are so many occasions where we can celebrate the people we care about. Birthdays, holidays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day—all of these days remind us to show our loved ones that we appreciate them. But sometimes it’s nice to make someone’s day for no particular reason at all.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Good Morning Messages for Her
- Good Morning Messages for Him
- Good Morning Messages for a Friend
- Funny Good Morning Messages
- Good Morning, Love Messages
- Good Morning Messages for Your Kids
If you have someone who brightens your life, return the favor by sending them a simple and sweet text. An out-of-the-blue “good morning” message can start someone’s day off right. Here, we share some “thinking of you” messages for various audiences and occasions. Keep reading to see if any of them inspire you.
Tip: Virtual gestures aren't just limited to text messages. Virtual events are also possible, whether it's just to catch up or for something more formal. If you're planning a virtual memorial for a loved one, some platforms like GatheringUs have specialists who can guide and support you through the planning process.
Good Morning Messages for Her
If you have a woman in your life that you adore, send her a sweet message with best wishes for the day ahead. It could be your mom, your wife, your sister, or your best friend. No matter what your relationship is, it’s always nice to receive encouraging messages from a loved one.
1. “I wanted to send you a picture of this amazing view. I wish you were here with me to enjoy it!”
If you’re far away from your loved one, send a picture along with a nice message. It will help them feel closer to you in addition to brightening their day.
2. “Happy Monday! I just wanted to say that I hope you have an excellent day and an even better week.”
No one really loves Mondays. If a woman in your life really dreads them, try to mitigate that with a thoughtful message.
3. “I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate everything you do for me. I hope you have a wonderful day.”
If a woman in your life does lots of special things for you, return the favor with a sweet text. Be sure to express your gratitude for everything she does, too.
4. “I know you have a big day ahead of you. You’ve got this!”
People often have important events in their life. It could be a big test at school or an important presentation at work. On those days, your loved ones could use some extra encouragement.
Good Morning Messages for Him
There’s a stereotype that women are more emotional than men. But it’s important for men to receive messages of encouragement and support too. We all need to lift each other up, regardless of our gender. Here are some morning messages to cheer up the men in your life.
5. “I just wanted to wish you safe travels today. Let me know when you get there!”
If a guy in your life is traveling for work or for fun, send him an encouraging message. He’ll appreciate knowing that you’re looking out for him.
6. “You’ve been working so hard lately. Want me to bring lunch by the office later just so you can take a short break?”
Men don’t always feel like they can engage in self-care rituals. Messages like this can help them give themselves permission to take a break.
7. “Good morning! I was just thinking about you. Are you free this weekend? Maybe we could [go for a hike].”
If a guy in your life has a hobby they enjoy, you can send a morning message asking to do it together. It means a lot when you take an interest in someone’s passions.
8. “You’ve been on my mind lately. I thought I would check in on you. Have a great day!”
If a guy in your life has been laying low lately, use a good morning message as an opportunity to check in on them.
Good Morning Messages for a Friend
Our friends do so much to support us. They deserve a similar level of support. If your friend is always putting a smile on your face, return the favor with these sweet and thoughtful messages.
9. “I hope you’re having a fantastic time on your trip! I miss you, and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get home.”
Out of sight doesn’t have to mean out of mind. If your friend is out of town, you can still send them a morning message to let them know you’re thinking of them.
10. “I know you’ve been going through a lot lately. I just wanted to let you know you’re on my mind. I’m here for you whenever you need me.”
If your friend has been having a hard time lately, a message like this can mean a lot. It’s a good way of showing that you’re there for them. Sending a text instead of a call can be a lot less intrusive if they need a little space.
11. “I was just thinking about you and I realized we haven’t seen each other lately. Let’s grab lunch, soon!”
We don’t always get to see our friends as often as we would like. Send a nice message with an invitation to catch up.
12. “I was just remembering the trouble we used to get into as kids. I hope you don’t get into too much trouble today! I love you.”
If you and your friend go way back, you can reference that shared past in a morning message.
Funny Good Morning Messages
A lot of times people only send serious and somber messages to someone going through a hard time. But as the old saying goes, sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Funny messages can cheer people up, but they can also be good for a number of occasions. Here are some of our favorites.
13. “Good morning! I know it’s actually the afternoon, but since it’s the weekend I figured you’d be sleeping in.”
If your loved one is emphatically not a morning person, save your good morning text for later in the day. But poke some gentle fun at their tendency to sleep late.
14. “Hi! I couldn’t be there to bring you coffee, but I’m sending you these coffee emojis.”
If you regularly share coffee with a friend or coworker, text them some coffee emojis if you have to miss a day. They don’t have that sweet, sweet caffeine, but the gesture may put a smile on their face.
15. “Rise and shine! But don’t shine too brightly, unless everyone is wearing their sunglasses. Safety first!”
A silly message like this can definitely brighten someone’s day (pun intended).
16. “Good morning! I just wanted to wish you an unproductive day. Have fun doing nothing!”
Most of our other messages on this list are motivational. Sometimes sending an un-motivational message will make someone laugh.
Good Morning, Love Messages
When you’re in a relationship with someone, you’re on a team. You support each other in all areas of life. People on sports teams cheer each other on. You can bring that same energy into your relationship. One great way to do that is by sending them messages to motivate them each morning.
17. “I found this picture of us from our first date. Look how young we were!”
One of the best things about technology is the ability to connect with nostalgic moments from our past. If you find a picture from a relationship milestone, it’s a nice thing to share with your partner.
18. “I’m going to order takeout from your favorite restaurant for dinner. Go home after work, get comfortable, and we can enjoy a nice meal together!”
Little, thoughtful gestures are a great way to reconnect with your partner. Something like this gives them something to look forwards to while requiring no effort on their part.
19. “You’re the best person I know. Thank you for being you.”
It’s nice to thank people for specific actions. But sometimes just thanking a person for being themselves is the sweetest thing you can do.
20. “I’m so lucky to be married to you. Thanks for being such an amazing partner.”
It’s easy to get bogged down in the mundanity of day-to-day life. Keep the romance alive by complimenting your spouse for no particular reason.
Good Morning Messages for Your Kids
We’re all told from an early age that we need to say thank you to your parents for supporting us. But that’s a two-way street. Parents can—and should—be uplifting their children just as much, if not more. These messages can help your kids start their day off right.
21. “I’m really proud of how hard you’ve been working. You’re doing great!”
While it’s nice to praise kids for their achievements, it’s also important to praise them for their efforts. It feels good when parents recognize your hard work.
22. “I’m so impressed by the way you stand up for what you believe in. I know a lot of adults who don’t stand behind their convictions the way you do. Thank you for being such a leader.”
Teens and other young people are incredibly politically and socially aware. If your kids are advocating for change in the world, show them you support their message.
23. “I know you’re nervous about today. I know you’re going to be great. You’ve got this!”
If your kid has a test or presentation, they could use a little confidence. They don’t age out of that either. Even if your kids are grown, pay attention to what they’re worried about and offer them comfort.
24. “I am so lucky that you’re my kid. Thanks for making parenthood so fun.”
Again, you don’t always have to thank a loved one for something specific. Brighten someone’s day by praising them just for being themselves.
Brighten Up a Loved One’s Day With Thoughtful ‘Good Morning’ Messages
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it starts your day off right. But we don’t just need to be nourished physically. We need to be nourished emotionally, as well. Sending a motivational morning message to loved ones is just one of the ways you can help lift them up.