If you are lucky enough to love your work, share those positive feelings with your boss and coworkers.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Short Gratitude Quotes to Thank Someone for Their Hard Work
- Gratitude Quotes to Share for a Work Anniversary
- Gratitude Quotes to Share for a Coworker’s Retirement
- Gratitude Quotes to Share With Healthcare Workers
- Gratitude Quotes to Share With Social Workers
Don’t wait for Boss’s Day or Administrative Professionals’ Day to show your appreciation. Instead, surprise your coworkers with donuts or fresh flowers for the break room. Here are some short quotes about gratitude to accompany your gift.
Short Gratitude Quotes to Thank Someone for Their Hard Work
Are you searching for a gratitude quote to thank employees for their hard work? Here are some gratitude quotes designed to uplift and show appreciation to your coworkers.
1. “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.” – Pearl S. Buck
Celebrate excellence in your workplace by sharing this quote.
2. “Generate so much loving energy that people want to just come and hang out with you. And when they show up, bill them.” – Stuart Wilde
This lighthearted quote may be perfect to share with an inspiring, fun coworker.
3. “Somewhere out there is a unique place for you to help others – a unique life role for you to fill that only you can fill.” – Thomas Kinkade
Thank your coworker for fulfilling their unique role.
4. “A lot of people quit looking for work as soon as they get a job.” – Zig Ziglar
This humorous quote should probably be followed with a “but . . .” statement.
5. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
Celebrate a hard-working coworker with this quote.
6. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” ― Vince Lombardi
This is true in every office and on every football field.
7. “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” ― Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill is best known for his book, Think and Grow Rich.
8. “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ― Kenneth Blanchard
Celebrate those committed employees in your midst.
9. “If a man is called a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
No matter your profession, encourage those around you to seek excellence.
10. “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” – Indira Gandhi
Indira Gandhi was the first female prime minister of India.
Gratitude Quotes to Share for a Work Anniversary
Has a coworker been five, 10, or 30 years on the job? Show appreciation for years of service by sharing one of these quotes about work.
11. “In the long run you will receive more from life doing the job you enjoy than you will ever earn in money from a job you loathe.” – Terry L. Mayfield
You might want to share this quote if you work in an industry known for rewarding but low-paying work.
12. “The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.” – Arthur Toynbee
Do you have a coworker who can blur the line between work and play? If so, they are probably a pleasure to have around the office.
13. “The highest reward for a man’s toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it.” – John Ruskin
John Ruskin was a Victorian writer, philosopher, and art critic.
14. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Celebrate your coworker who lives for the joy of achievement.
Gratitude Quotes to Share for a Coworker’s Retirement
Are you writing a professional thank you letter to an employee who will be retiring? Here are some quotes about work to help you set the right tone.
15. “Work is what you do so that some time you won’t have to do it anymore.” – Alfred Polgar
Here is a lighthearted quote that is less about the nobility of work and more about its practicality.
16. “What makes you worthwhile is who you are, not what you do.” – Marianne Williams
Some people have a difficult time with retirement because they lose their identity when they quit working. This is an excellent reminder that there’s more to life than your job.
17. “Retirement is not the end of the road. It is the beginning of the open highway.” – Unknown
We love this optimistic quote about quitting work.
18. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
Everyone appreciates words of wisdom from Mr. Rogers.
19. “How do you know it’s time to retire? It’s when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.” – Unknown
Are you looking for a funny retirement quote? Consider this one.
20. “For many, retirement is a time for personal growth, which becomes the path to greater freedom.” – Robert Delamontagne
Robert Delamontague wrote a book about retirement.
21. “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it ‘retirement.’ I call it bliss.” – Betty Sullivan
If your coworker isn’t excited about retiring, this quote should help encourage them.
22. “Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life into something new and different.” – Patrick Foley
What will you write on your blank sheet of paper?
Gratitude Quotes to Share With Healthcare Workers
Do you wish to send love and appreciation to healthcare workers? The recent pandemic has made us appreciate nurses more than ever before. Here are some gratitude quotes to share with your friends who work in healthcare.
23. “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” – Helen Keller
Share this quote with your favorite healthcare worker who performs small tasks well.
24. “The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.” – Leo Tolstoy
We love this quote by Russian novelist Tolstoy.
25. “Long-range studies imply that doing something with other people, especially something for them, is the most powerful of all stimuli to longevity and health.” – Jon Poppy
Helping others is good for them and good for you.
26. “Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness – great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.” – Jim Rohn
You may disagree with the “great wealth” statement. However, the rest may describe the feelings you get when serving others.
27. “You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” – Ruth Smeltzer
Healthcare workers do this every day of their lives.
28. “You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you’ll win – no matter what the outcome.” – Patch Adams
Patch Adams is an American physician, comedian, social activist, and clown. Robin Williams starred in a movie about Adams’ life.
29. “Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.” – Christina Feist-Heilmeier
Christina Feist-Heilmeier wrote “Nurses Are From Heaven.”
30. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
Those in healthcare spend all their lives in service.
31. “It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.” – Anonymous
This quote describes how some healthcare workers feel about their careers.
Gratitude Quotes to Share With Social Workers
Do you find yourself becoming overwhelmed with negative thoughts? Consider reading books about gratitude.
Here are some gratitude quotes to share with social workers.
32. “All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Social work defines “work that uplifts humanity.” Support your favorite social worker by sharing this quote.
33. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it for anyone else.” – Charles Dickens
Social workers go to work every day to lighten the burden of others.
34. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
Perhaps your social worker friend or family member needs this reassurance.
35. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Andrew Holmes, Jr.
John Andrew Holmes, Jr., was a poet, critic, and teacher.
36. “In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us.” – Flora Edwards
We love this quote about the importance of serving others.
37. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
Remind your friends and family who are social workers that they are making a difference in other people’s lives.
38. “It is not your job to save everyone. Some people are not even ready to be helped. Focus on being of service to those who are, and be wise and humble enough to know when the best service you can offer is to guide them toward help in another direction.” – Anna Taylor
This quote offers wise advice for anyone in a helping industry.
Promote an Attitude of Gratitude
Are you hoping to promote an attitude of gratitude in your workplace? Show appreciation for your staff and remind them that they are valued. Give others the opportunities to give shout-outs to their coworkers.
We love helping you find quotes for every occasion. Check out our other lists, such as quotes about death by Buddha.