When we lose someone we dearly love, their memory is never far away. We think of their smiles, their laughter, their personality. This remembrance is incredibly vivid on those occasions that mean something significant like their birthday.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- ‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Quotes to Share
- ‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Poems to Share
- Personalized ‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Messages to Share on Social Media
- Other Ways to Share ‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Messages
When a loved one is celebrating their birthday in heaven, it’s the perfect opportunity to remember them, share a message in their honor, and wish them a happy birthday. Just because you can’t celebrate it together, it doesn’t mean you can’t commemorate the special day and wish them well.
‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Quotes to Share
Do you want to say happy birthday in heaven to a beloved Aunt? Here are some quotes you can share that will honor your Aunt’s memory.
» MORE: Save thousands on funeral costs by knowing your options – schedule a free consultation today.
1. “When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.” - Anonymous
Though we can’t be with the person we love, we can carry their love, memory, and legacy with us no matter where we go. Death may separate us for a short time, but it can never take away the love they gave. That is something to celebrate on your Aunt’s birthday in heaven.
2. “And when great souls die, after a period peace blooms, slowly and always irregularly. Spaces fill with a kind of soothing electric vibration. Our senses, restored, never to be the same, whisper to us. They existed. They existed. We can be. Be and be better. For they existed.” - Maya Angelou
Use this quote to remember your Aunt’s life and legacy. The pain of her absence may still be raw. It might accompany you through each day. But you can know that her legacy goes with you because of the impact she made on your life.
3. “Ten years, she’s dead, and I still find myself some mornings reaching for the phone to call her. She could no more be gone than gravity or the moon.” - Mary Karr
Are those we loved ever truly gone? That’s what this quote asks. No one can take away the love they gave or the memories you share with them. Your Aunt may be gone, but you can still keep her with you in the things you do, the memories you share, and the way you live in her honor.
4. “Don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains.” - Anne Frank
Death brings about grief and misery, and it can be hard not to dwell on this during special occasions like a deceased loved one’s memory. This quote challenges us to dwell on the good memories and love they left behind instead.
5. “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” - Helen Keller
Celebrate your Aunt’s birthday by identifying all the ways she impacted your life. Do you see her in lessons she taught you? Perhaps her presence is felt when you participate in a hobby you both enjoyed together. Celebrate her legacy and embrace the part of her that has become part of you.
‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Poems to Share
Poems can be a significant way of sharing your thoughts and feelings when missing your Aunt on her birthday. Consider sharing one or two poems for an aunt or one of these options below that mention their special day.
6. “Missing You on Your Birthday” - Unknown
Sometimes the best poems come from unknown or anonymous authors. That’s the case with this poem. It’s expressive, talks about the grief journey of missing a loved one, and celebrates the person’s life and memory. To find the whole poem, you need only to type several lines of it into a search engine. Here are the first and last stanzas:
“Today is full of memories
Happiness and tears,
Of birthday celebrations
We’ve shared throughout the years.
I feel that you are with me
In everything I do,
So I’ll celebrate your birthday
But I’ll spend it missing you.”
7. “In Loving Memory to My Auntie” - Anonymous
This poem is another entry that belongs in the ‘anonymous’ category. Though there is no known poet, the words are just as sweet and fitting to celebrate and remember a beloved aunt. The first few lines read:
“It’s that time of year again, Auntie,
When I seem to miss you more
Not seeing your smiling face
Come walking through my door.”
8. “For Your Birthday in Heaven” - Toni Kane
Kane has several poems about enduring loss, honoring loved ones, and missing those who have gone on before. This poem isn’t for any family member in particular, and the words apply to anyone you have loved. The last two stanzas read:
“...I don’t need to worry
How your birthday was spent
‘Cause you’re safe in heaven
And my wishes are sent.
I know you are safe
Even though you’re away
I love and I miss you
A little more today.”
9. “Thinking of You On Your Birthday in Heaven” - Toni Kane
This poem is perfect when you need a poem to share in memory of your Aunt on their birthday. It’s short and sweet, containing only two stanzas. The length, however, is perfect for sharing on social media, by text to a loved one, or on a memorial website. Here are several lines:
“I have a gift you cannot see
Of heartfelt love and memories
Carried through the sunlit skies
On wings of doves and butterflies
A loving wish wrapped tight with love
To one I’ve lost, living above.”
10. “For a Special Aunt” - Unknown
This poem is perfect for sharing in tribute to an aunt you were close to. It reads:
“There are Aunts to look up to,
Aunts who are wise,
Those who are good friends,
Those who advise…
There are Aunts who are lovable,
Aunts who are fun,
And then there is you…
You’re all these in one.”
Personalized ‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Messages to Share on Social Media
Social media is the perfect place to celebrate your Aunt’s heavenly birthday, post a special message, and let others know why the day is special to you. Here are some messages to inspire you to write one of your own.
11. “Aunt Sophie, I hope you eat an extra scoop of ice cream today. I wish I could celebrate your birthday with you, but I know you’re partying it up with the angels. Here’s to you!”
Can you imagine your Aunt throwing a party with angels, loved ones, and friends that went on before? Share what you think her heavenly party would be like with a post like this.
12. “I have an angel in heaven and I call her my Aunt. It’s her birthday today and I miss her more than ever. ”
This is a short, simple message that tells those on social media how you feel about your Aunt. If you have more than one Aunt who passed away, be sure to add their name to the message, so those who read it will know which Aunt you’re talking about on their special day.
» MORE: Need help paying for a funeral? Let Cake help with a free consultation.
13. “Happy Birthday in Heaven, Aunt Jennie. You may not be present with us, but your presence is still felt every day. There’s not a day that goes by without some reminder of you. Thank you for such precious memories.”
Do you think of your Aunt when her favorite song plays on the radio or when you eat her favorite type of ice cream? Perhaps a picture on your wall brings her to mind or a glimpse of her favorite color. These are things you can share in your social media post.
14. “Aunt Joan, you may not be here anymore, but you’ll always be an important part of my life. I still hear your words of wisdom when I need to make an important decision. Your life was a gift to me. Happy Birthday in Heaven.”
Did your Aunt provide council or wisdom when you faced an uncertain or complex situation? Honor her by mentioning how her wisdom still helps you even though she’s no longer present.
15. “Auntie, I miss you every day, but especially today on your birthday. I’ll be celebrating you by having a slice of chocolate pie at our favorite bakery in your honor.”
Are you planning to do something special in their honor? Consider mentioning this in your social media post. You might have other people who decide to join you and do something special in your Aunt’s honor, as well.
Other Ways to Share ‘Happy Heavenly Birthday, Aunt’ Messages
Are you looking for other ways to honor a deceased loved one on their birthday? Here are a few simple things you can do to honor the memory of your Aunt.
16. Decorate their grave
If your Aunt’s grave is nearby, you might consider visiting and decorating the headstone with birthday grave decorations. Just be sure of the cemetery rules regarding what you are or are not allowed to place at a grave.
If you wrote a special message or poem just for her, consider reading it while you’re there. You can also secure the message on the grave along with your other decorations.
17. Put together a memorial video or slideshow
You can easily create memorial videos and slideshows using software already on your computer. Choose pictures and video clips that remind you of good times with your Aunt. Put them in order or group them according to the occasion. Then, choose music to play in the background during the slideshow. Watch the entire video and add or take away pictures as you go.
When finished, consider sharing your video with family members or posting it to your social media as a tribute to your Aunt on her birthday.
Honoring Your Aunt on Her Birthday
When our loved ones are no longer with us, honoring them on their birthday is one way to keep their memory alive and honor their legacy. Whether you choose to share a quote or poem, post it on social media or honor them another way, you’ll be glad you took the time to wish them a happy birthday.