The person to whom you might wish a Happy Valentine’s Day will typically be your partner or spouse. However, there may be other people in your life who deserve a Happy Valentine’s Day wish. Your relationship with them may not be romantic in nature, but that doesn’t mean you can’t let them know you hope they enjoy this special day.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- “Happy Valentines Day in Heaven, Mom” Quotes
- “Happy Valentines Day in Heaven, Mom” Messages for Social Media
- “Happy Valentines Day in Heaven, Mom” Messages for a Stepmom
For example, some people offer Happy Valentine’s Day wishes to their mothers. Perhaps you were one of them, but now your mother has passed away.
That doesn’t mean you have to stop wishing Mom a Happy Valentine’s Day! If you believe in an afterlife, you can continue recognizing your mother on an important holiday with a “Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, Mom” message. This blog will provide you with examples and inspiration.
“Happy Valentines Day in Heaven, Mom” Quotes
Although there are a number of creative ways to honor a loved one, sometimes you may struggle to come up with an idea when you want to honor or acknowledge someone who has passed.
In these instances, you can use the words of others to express your own feelings. Quotes that can serve as “Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, Mom” messages include the following:
1. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.” — George Eliot
When choosing a message to wish your mother a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, you don’t need to choose a message or quote that specifically mentions Valentine’s Day. As long as it sums up your love for your mother, it can be a perfect choice.
2. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln
You can incorporate this quote into a Valentine’s Day message for a mother who has passed on if you like to imagine that your mother is now a guardian angel who continues to offer you support and love from Heaven.
3. “A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” — Honore de Balzac
This quote may be ideal for a “Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, Mom” message because it expresses how the happy memories someone has thanks to their mother’s love can inspire them to live a happy and full life. This is a sentiment that may offer you some peace on the first Valentine’s Day after a death.
4. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” — Rudyard Kipling
Because you’re wishing your mother a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, it might be appropriate to do so with a quote that addresses your religious beliefs. This one can imply you believe your mother has now joined God in Heaven.
5. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” — Stevie Wonder
Again, a message for a deceased mother on Valentine’s Day may be ideal if it touches on the topic of love. Romantic love is by no means the only type of love worth sharing and expressing our appreciation for on Valentine’s Day.
6. “May each of us remember this truth; 'one cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God.' Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one.” — Thomas S. Monson
Similar to another example above, this is a quote you might consider using as part of your Valentine’s Day message to a mother in Heaven because it touches on religious faith. It’s also ideal for Valentine’s Day because it mentions the concept of love, which is, of course, the very focus of this holiday.
“Happy Valentines Day in Heaven, Mom” Messages for Social Media
Some wish to keep their “Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, Mom” messages private. Others wish to honor their mothers publicly.
One way you can do so is to post a “Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, Mom” message on social media. Examples include:
7. “On Valentine’s Day, remember to cherish your mother too. Mine is in Heaven now, but I’ll always wish her a Happy Valentine’s Day.”
You could honor your mother by posting a message on social media that encourages others to not overlook their mothers on Valentine’s Day. If you’re wondering how to memorialize someone, sharing a message that inspires others to spread love in their name is often a good idea.
8. “I miss my mom every day, but on special ones like Valentine’s Day, I know she is looking down on me from Heaven. Enjoy the day, Mom. I know I can, thanks to you.”
If you’re sharing a “Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven, Mom” message on social media, it’s possible (and entirely understandable) that you may be doing so at least partially because you’re still struggling with grief and would like your friends and family to know you might appreciate their support on a day like this one.
Thus, your message could touch on the fact that you miss your mom. This might inspire others to reach out and offer their support.
9. “Valentine’s Day is about love. All kinds. Thank you for everything, Mom, and Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven.”
This is the type of message you might want to share along with a picture of your mother or even a video of happy memories. Like many of the other messages here, it can remind people to use Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to share messages of love with all the important people in their lives, and not just their partners or spouses.
“Happy Valentines Day in Heaven, Mom” Messages for a Stepmom
Being a mom involves providing someone with love, support, and guidance. A person doesn’t need to be someone’s biological mother to fill this role in their life.
For example, maybe your stepmother was the one to truly serve as your loving mom. If she has passed away, you can wish her a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven with messages such as the following:
10. “I fell in love with you much more quickly than I expected, Mom. Have a Happy Valentine’s Day up there.”
It’s not uncommon for it to take some time before children warm to new stepparents. You can thus wish your stepmom a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven with a message that suggests she was so loving that you couldn’t help but take to her sooner rather than later.
Although you don’t have to if you’re not comfortable doing so, referring to her specifically as Mom instead of as your stepmother can also be a subtle way to address the fact that you consider her to have been your true mother.
11. “Valentine’s Day is all about love. One of the greatest expressions of love I ever experienced was when you took on the responsibility of being my mother.”
Choosing to marry someone who already has children involves making the decision to take on the responsibility of motherhood, which is a very courageous and admirable thing to do. Additionally, being a stepmother can be particularly challenging, as you must learn to raise kids who may be coping with painful circumstances, such as their parents’ divorce or the death of their mother.
When we wish someone a Happy Valentine’s Day, our goal is often to let them know that we appreciate how their love has positively impacted us. Your Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven message for a stepmother could be one in which you reference the fact that your stepmom selflessly took on the role of a mother despite knowing that doing so would be challenging at times.
12. “You showed my Dad love when he thought he would never feel it again. I’ll always be grateful for that, especially on Valentine’s Day.”
Children sometimes begin warming to their stepparents when they start to realize that their presence has helped their other parent begin experiencing the joys of love once again after what may have been a painful period in their life.
With that in mind, you could offer up a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven message to a stepmother by thanking her for reigniting feelings of love in your other parent when they married.
Wishing Mom a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven: Ideas to Consider
If your mother has passed away, the simple act of wishing her a Happy Valentine’s Day in Heaven can help you cope with your grief and enjoy this holiday instead of spending your time mourning the fact that your mother is no longer here.
For more information on potential ways to memorialize someone who has passed on, check out our guide on what to leave at a grave. It will give you ideas for items you may give your mother as a “gift” if you decide to visit her grave when delivering your Happy Valentine’s Day message.