Let’s face it. People don’t want to search the Internet endlessly for answers to the most basic questions. We want easy, accessible answers, especially when a loved one dies.
Keep reading as we walk you through the process of canceling a Sling TV subscription step-by-step without all of the hassle, keyword searches, and endless Internet rabbit holes.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- How to Cancel Your Own Sling TV Subscription
- How to Cancel a Deceased Loved One’s Sling TV Subscription
- Frequently Asked Questions: Cancel a Sling TV Subscription
What's Sling TV? Sling TV is a streaming service that uses supported streaming devices such as Amazon, Roku, Android, macOS, and many more. For some consumers, looking for answers about canceling their Sling TV service can be too overwhelming and time-consuming.
In response, Cake has created a library of helpful information regarding Estate Management, including ways to close and manage online accounts. So, let’s take a look at how to cancel a Sling TV subscription.
How to Cancel Your Own Sling TV Subscription
Before you cancel your service, note that Sling TV does have an option where you can put your subscription on hold for up to three months, depending on how you initially signed up for it. This three-month grace period is helpful if you're planning a move or simply looking to spend your summer outside rather than at the behest of your television.
However, if you choose this option, remember to set yourself a reminder before the end of the service hold if you discover you could live without Sling TV for good. After all, you wouldn't want to forget and get charged for something you don't need!
Pro-tip: Once you cancel, you can still watch Sling TV until the end of your current billing cycle. And even then, Sling TV does offer a few free programs whether or not you’re still a paying customer.
For those still looking to cancel, follow the steps below:
1. Open your browser
After you open your Internet browser, log on to Sling TV and sign in to your account.
2. Open Settings
Depending on which browser you use, the Settings button will look like a tiny little person or a cogwheel. Either way, it’ll be located in the upper-right corner. Click on one of those two options.
3. Open Manage Account
Here’s where canceling your Sling TV account happens:
- First, click on Manage Account.
- Next, click on Change Subscription.
- Finally, click on Cancel Subscription.
This is where Sling TV may offer you some kind of an incentive to stay on as a customer. You can choose to accept that offer and remain a customer or proceed with the deletion. If you choose to proceed, continue with the next few steps.
4. Leave feedback
If you’re canceling Sling TV because you’re tired of having complications, let them know on the way out the door. That way, they’ll have a chance to fix the problem.
Maybe because of this you’ll return in the future without the bothersome issue.
5. Look for an email from Sling TV
If you don’t receive an email about the cancelation, follow these steps:
- First, log on to Sling.com.
- Next, click on the Chat Box in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
- Then, start typing in the box provided to chat with a virtual assistant or click on the appropriate boxes to get you the information needed.
From there, you’ll be directed to the right agent for the solution needed.
Pro-tip: Sling TV doen't hold a grudge, so if you want to renew your subscription at any time, sign right back up and start streaming those binge-worthy TV shows.
How to Cancel a Deceased Loved One’s Sling TV Subscription
If your loved one created a password manager, you could easily search through their information to cancel their Sling TV subscription without much hassle. But, if not, follow these easy instructions to complete the task:
1. Obtain a death certificate
In most cases, the first step in closing any account is to obtain a death certificate. If you’re not sure how to get an additional death certificate, contact the local vital records office or speak with the funeral director who supported your family.
However, Sling TV doesn’t require a death certificate at all. Instead, their process is super quick, making it easier for you when you need a few “easy buttons” to get through your grief.
2. Open Sling TV
- Once the website is open, click on the orange-colored Chat box located in the lower right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Then, click the following options in this order: My Account >> Cancel Subscription >> Chat with an agent >> I don’t have a Sling account >> Enter your email address.
3. Chat with an agent
Sling TV doesn’t make account cancelation tough on you when a loved one dies. But there are just a few things you’ll need to close their account:
- Provide customer service with the last four digits on the card associated with the account.
- Or, give the customer service agent your loved one’s name and current billing information.
If that doesn’t work, contact your loved one’s financial institution to cancel any future transactions from Sling TV. Otherwise, they’ll continue to bill the account.
Frequently Asked Questions: Canceling a Sling TV Subscription
Did you sign up for Sling TV using Amazon or Roku? If so, keep reading to find out how to Cancel your Sling TV Subscription and whether or not you can do that at any time.
How do you cancel Sling TV through Amazon?
If you signed up for Sling TV through Amazon, follow these steps:
- First, locate Your Memberships and Subscriptions.
- Next, click the Manage Subscription button located next to Sling TV.
- Then, select the correct link under Advance Controls.
- Finally, when the subscription page opens up, click to end your subscription.
Pro-tip: There are no early termination fees when canceling a subscription through Amazon, which means that you can cancel your Sling TV account at any time.
How do you cancel Sling TV through Roku?
Keep reading for the quickest way to cancel your Sling TV membership if Roku was your initial subscription platform of choice.
- First, locate and press the Home button on your Roku Remote.
- Next, use the arrow key to highlight the Sling TV channel.
- Then, press the * button on the remote to open the Sling menu.
- From there, select Manage Subscription to access your renewal date and more.
- Next, click Cancel subscription >> click to confirm subscription cancelation when prompted.
- Finally, selec Done.
Can you cancel a Sling TV subscription at any time?
Yes. Because Sling TV doesn’t make you sign up for a contract, you can either cancel or pause your subscription to Sling TV at any time.
One key point to mention about service cancelation is that you can end your Sling TV subscription at any time during the initial two-week trial period without incurring any charges. But when you do so, the cancellation is immediately effective.
Sling TV doesn’t offer partial refunds on your service, so if you cancel in the middle of the month, you won’t see a partial or half month credit offered. Instead, Sling will run your subscription through the billing cycle duration but won’t renew it.
Canceling Sling TV and More
Cake and its team have been busy creating the most comprehensive library on Estate Management, including closing and managing online accounts like Sling TV and more. After all, it’s not easy knowing what to do when someone dies, let alone how to handle grief and grieving.