Saying goodbye to a loved one is never easy. When you’re planning a funeral service or memorial, having an ‘In Loving Memory’ memento to remember the deceased is a way to focus the service and leave your guests with something memorable.
Because you already have enough on your plate when dealing with grief and loss, we’ve created a few ‘In Loving Memory’ templates you can use for free. These work in both Microsoft Word and Google Docs so you can easily edit them to your needs. Honor your loved one’s legacy with a physical tribute to a life well-lived.
What’s an ‘In Loving Memory’ Template?
An ‘In Loving Memory’ template is a simple, downloadable file you can customize to your needs. This file is perfect for printing on your own or sending to a professional printer for use during a funeral, memorial, or graveside service.
An ‘In Loving Memory’ template includes a tribute to their life. Though small, it honors their legacy by acting as a memento funeral guests can take with them after the service.
Each ‘In Loving Memory’ template includes:
- A photo of the deceased
- Editable dates
- Space for a prayer, poem, song lyric, or other tribute
Though simple, these templates are fully customizable to your needs. They can be as simple or intricate as you’d like. Because hiring a professional can be expensive, this makes the process of creating an ‘In Loving Memory’ card easy and straightforward.
How to Download Your ‘In Loving Memory’ Template
To download your template, click the download link below. You'll have access to a zip file with all the templates. It’s that easy, no tech skills or graphic design know-how necessary. From there, you’ll need either Microsoft Word or Google Docs to customize your chosen template.
How to Edit and Print Your ‘In Loving Memory’ Card
You don’t need any fancy tech skills or graphic design experience to edit and print your own ‘In Loving Memory’ card. As long as you have access to Microsoft Word or Google Docs, you can download and edit your own card in preparation for your loved one’s funeral or memorial service.
How to edit and print in Microsoft Word:
- Start by opening your document in Microsoft Word. Open the Microsoft Word version of the template, not the Google Doc version.
- To replace the photo, right-click on the image and select Change Image. Select a photo from your computer. For best results, choose an image that’s a square shape to match the image size.
- Replate the preset text by clicking on the text boxes (name, date, poem, etc.) and adding your own.
- Save your template by going to File > Save As.
- You can now print your template yourself or send it to a professional printing service.
How to edit and print in Google Docs:
- Upload the Google Doc version of the template you want and open it in Google Docs.
- Follow the instructions on the Doc to upload your photo by deleting the placeholder.
- Click the text to edit it to your needs.
- Adjust the text sizing as needed to fit the space.
- Save your Doc within Google Docs or download it to your computer by going to File > Download.
Ideas for Using Your 'In Loving Memory' Template
How can you put your free 'in loving memory' template to use? There are a lot of unique ways to make this a part of someone's legacy and memory.
- Memory box: You can store this template within a loved one's memory box, complete with photos, mementos, letters, and more.
- Memorial jewelry: If you're making memorial jewelry in honor of your loved one, like a memorial diamond from Eterneva, store your work of art with your printed template.
- Custom urn: If you're saving a loved one's ashes with his or her urn, like a custom urn from Foreverence, storing a framed 'in loving memory' card beside it is a great tribute.
- Family album: You can also store your template within a family album or genealogy records.
Honor Their Memory with a Printable
Including an ‘In Loving Memory’ print in your loved one’s funeral or memorial service is a powerful memento. This is something guests can take with them after the service, and it makes the perfect addition to a photo album or scrapbook.
Honor your loved one’s memory with these easy-to-use templates for Microsoft Word and Google Docs. Though simple, they’re one of the many ways to create a lasting tribute to their legacy.