There are many times in life when you may want to offer a friend or loved one some encouragement or support. While you could send a quick text, that might not feel like enough of a gesture for certain momentous occasions. If you want to reach out in a way that makes a big impact, you can send an inspirational eCard.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- How to Send an Inspirational eCard for Free Via Email or Text
- Inspirational eCard Sayings and Quote Ideas
Many services offer complimentary and customizable eCards that allow you to send words of inspiration in a matter of moments. We detail the steps below that go into this process and suggest some messages you can include.
Get our free checklist for navigating loss 💙
Enter your email to get your free roadmap for the steps after loss in your inbox.
How to Send an Inspirational eCard for Free Via Email or Text
There are a variety of occasions that might inspire you to send an inspirational message. Sympathy eCards can bring comfort to someone who is grieving. Meanwhile, motivational eCards might help someone who is going through personal hardships. Here, we break down how to quickly send a thoughtful eCard for any reason.
Step 1: Select a company that delivers free eCards
There are endless options when it comes to finding websites that offer free eCards. Many of the major print greeting card companies also offer some eCards through their own websites. Hallmark and American Greetings offer memberships that allow people to customize unlimited eCards.
But while those services might offer limited free trials at certain times, they both have fees attached for regular use.
There are also a handful of boutique websites that let you send eCards for free. Some of the sites are fully free, while others only offer a limited quantity of eCards at no cost. Here are a few examples:
- CrossCards: This website carries an assortment of faith-based eCards for all occasions. If there’s someone in your life who is religious, the encouraging cards here are a great free resource.
- JibJab: Inspirational eCards don’t always have to be serious. Sometimes a silly card is the right one to put someone in a better frame of mind. JibJab lets you add faces of friends and loved ones to animated eCards so you can make personalized - and entertaining! - video greeting cards. While you do need to register for an account, there is a free account with limited access to certain designs.
- Ojolie: The cards on this website are created by Danish artist and animator Frederikke Tu. Tu’s designs are delicate and tasteful, but still have a sense of fun and whimsy. The site offers both free and paid memberships. A free membership lets you send free eCards from a limited collection, while paid memberships offer additional access.
- Open Me: This website offers a huge free assortment of traditional greeting cards for many different occasions. There are many different designers featured on the site, which leads to lots of diversity to choose from. One of their best features allows several people to add messages to a single eCard. This can be great if a group of coworkers wants to inspire someone they know professionally.
Step 2: Find the right card for the occasion
As we’ve already discussed, there are many different occasions that might call for an inspirational gift card. After all, we need inspiration in our lives for different reasons depending on what we’re experiencing. If you’re sending a sympathy eCard after someone you know has experienced a death, you should pick out something somber or respectful.
An animated JibJab card would not be the best choice for that situation. But an uplifting eCard for a graduate might have a more lighthearted feel. The words and design both should be carefully selected.
Step 3: Personalize your eCard
When you send an eCard, it would be easy enough to just pick something out and sign your name and call it a day. That can even be acceptable for a physical greeting card. After all, the acquisition of a physical card is a more time-consuming process than choosing an eCard. But when sending eCards or digital gifts, it’s important to include some personalization.
This can make a simple gesture feel much warmer. Simple things can make a big difference. These could include mentioning the person by name, sharing a meaningful message written in your own words. You may also be able to customize a free eCard template with personal photos.
Step 4: Send your eCard
Once you’ve finished selecting and customizing your eCard, it’s time to send it off. This is the easiest part of the process because it doesn’t require a special trip to the post office. All you need is the email address for the recipient. Most of the eCard websites will have a spot where you can enter the email address and the site will send it for you.
Download your free end-of-life plan.
Enter your email below to get your free checklist in your inbox.
Inspirational eCard Sayings and Quote Ideas
You can select the most beautiful card in the world, but it’s the message that is contained inside that truly matters. Reading encouraging quotes from well-known wordsmiths is a great way to find inspiration. You may find an existing quote that fits your relationship or just get moved enough to write your own heartfelt message. Here are some examples:
1. “You’re about to embark on an exciting new journey. You may get lost sometimes, and you may take some wrong turns. But those little side trips can make the trip even more beautiful and exciting.”
If you know someone who is starting a new chapter in their life, an inspiring eCard can help encourage them. A message like this is great for a recent graduate or someone making a big career change. It would also be good for someone who is moving elsewhere or going away for a semester abroad.
2. “You have always been one of the most resilient people I know. You face challenges so gracefully. I wish you weren’t going through this, but I am confident that you’ll handle it with strength and dignity.”
We all endure hardships in life. Whether you’ve lost a job or are dealing with a serious illness, you may need some encouragement and motivation. A quote like this can inspire a loved one with a reminder that they have the strength to keep going.
3. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”
This quote is attributed to the author and motivational speaker Earl Nightingale. As his career choices indicate, he is able to come up with words that can inspire people. If you have a friend or loved one who has been afraid to make a change, this quote may ignite a spark in them.
4. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
This quote from author Mark Twain can be inspirational in many different circumstances. Whether someone has experienced a failure or is trying something new, this can be a motivating sentiment.
Get weekly reminders to live life fully.
We'll send inspirational quotes directly to your inbox.
5. “Always keep your eyes open. Keep watching. Because whatever you see can inspire you.”
This quote is from Grace Coddington who was the long-time creative director for Vogue magazine for almost 30 years. It’s a perfect quote to motivate someone because it reminds them to constantly look for fresh sources of inspiration.
6. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
This quote was originally made by author and disability rights advocate Helen Keller. There are times in our lives when what looks like a good opportunity slips away from us. This quote serves as an inspiration to look for different opportunities instead of fixating on the ones we’ve missed out on.
7. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
This quote has been attributed to Harriet Tubman, a renowned political activist and abolitionist. Tubman herself overcame tremendous disadvantages in her own life, so her words can be incredibly inspiring to others.
8. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.”
The author of this famous quote is unknown, but the message it contains is resonant enough that it’s been repeated often. Change can be scary, even if a given situation is positive. This quote will remind the recipient that taking risks is sometimes necessary if you want to grow and change.
Brighten Someone’s Day With an Inspirational eCard
Sometimes the people we care about could use a little cheering up. You don’t have to make an over-the-top, extravagant gesture to make that happen. Sending an eCard is a simple way to bring some inspiration to the people we love and lift them up. And with so many free eCard services available, this sweet gesture doesn’t even have to cost you anything.
Taking the time to pick out a beautiful image and the right words to go with it might not seem like a lot. But sometimes the smallest actions can have the biggest impact.