Imagine a world where we all decided to be kind to each other. A world without jealousy or bitterness. A world without gossip and lies. Instead of feeling lonely and unsure of ourselves, we would all feel confident and loved.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Quotes About Random Acts of Kindness
- Quotes About Love, Compassion, and Kindness
- Quotes About Choosing Kindness
- Quotes About Being Kind to Animals and Nature
- Quotes About Kindness for Kids or Students
The problem is that we all need constant reminders to be kind. That’s one reason we would like to share these quotes about kindness with you.
Let’s all be inspired to make someone’s day. Post these quotes on your social media accounts and share them with your children. We can change the world, one kind act at a time.
Quotes About Random Acts of Kindness
The phrase “random acts of kindness” may be relatively new, but the meaning behind it is as old as time. Here are some quotes that will teach you how to help others with kind acts and inspirational words.
1. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” —Winston Churchill
Remember, money isn’t the only gift you can give. You can also give your time. Don’t avoid being charitable because you think you can’t afford it.
2. “Kindness starts with one.” —Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
Think of all the simple acts you can complete in an hour of your day that would spread happiness to others. Your small actions could change your community, your state, your country, and your world.
3.. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” —Bob Kerrey
How have you felt when you have been the recipient of unexpected kindness? Don’t you want to help others feel the same way?
4. “We rise by lifting others.” —Robert Ingersoll
Although this sounds like an oxymoron, it’s true. If you feel sad, consider spending more time on charitable acts. You will help others and feel better at the same time.
5. “Whenever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” —Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Since the beginning of time, people have understood the importance of being kind. This quote is attributed to a Roman philosopher who died in 65 AD, and his ideas are just as relevant today.
Quotes About Love, Compassion, and Kindness
Kindness and compassion never go out of style. Here are some quotes to share about sacrificial love.
6. “Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and change your world.” —Annie Lennox
Even if you were not patient and compassionate today, you can begin anew tomorrow. Just as you exercise to become physically stronger and to increase your endurance, you can become a kinder, gentler person with practice as well.
7. “I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” —Vincent Van Gogh
People are difficult to be around sometimes. Perhaps Van Gogh was right. We do create a thing of beauty when we are kind and loving to difficult people.
8. “Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude.” —Confucius
Make sure you say thank you to the people who are kind to you. Here are some thank you quotes for inspiration. But when you complete an act of kindness, don’t expect any recognition for it.
9. “Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor.” —Proverbs 21:21
The Bible has a lot to say about kindness. In fact, it is one of the central tenants of the book.
10. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” —Maya Angelou
We all know people who seem to be weighed down by life’s burdens. What can you do today to make their lives a little happier?
Quotes About Choosing Kindness
Everything you say and everything you do is a choice, even if it doesn’t always feel like it. Let’s all try to choose kind words and actions.
11. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” —Kahlil Gibran
You may intend to reach out to the lonely, elderly widow who lives across the street, but your intentions mean nothing when you don’t follow through with actions. Start with small, kind acts. Call someone who is lonely. Bake some cookies for a grouchy neighbor. Pay for a stranger’s coffee.
12. “Gentleness and kindness will make our homes a paradise upon earth.” —C. A. Bartol
Do you want your children and your spouse to enjoy spending time in your home? Treat them with gentleness and kindness.
13. “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant.” —1 Corinthians 13:4
This verse from the Bible may sound familiar even to non-Christians. It is often used during marriage ceremonies. While some have grandiose ideas about romantic love, the Bible says that at its core, love comes from kindness.
14. “Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.” —Unknown
It’s easy to be friendly with a smiling, outgoing person. We need to reach out to others who look as if they are having a bad day.
15. “There’s no such things as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end” —Scott Adams
Start by being kind to your family and coworkers. You never know how much kindness you can inspire.
Quotes About Being Kind to Animals and Nature
Don’t wait for April 22 to celebrate Earth Day. Be kind to animals and our planet all year round. Here are some quotes about being kind to our Earth.
16. “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” —Thomas Fuller
Planting trees is an act of kindness. Even if you don’t own any land, there are plenty of organizations that will allow you to pay for trees to be planted in your community or across the world.
17. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” —Leo Tolstoy
Being kind to the Earth is not only good for the Earth. It helps your fellow humankind as well.
18. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
Will you choose to be kind to the Earth and animals today? Jane Goodall made a difference in the world by devoting her life to the study of animals.
19. “It’s the little things that citizens do. That’s what will make the difference. My little thing is planting trees.” —Wangari Maathai
All of these quotes have a common theme. Small actions can make a difference in the world.
20. “Be kind to every kind, not just mankind.” —Anthony Douglas Williams
How can you be kind to animals? To plants? Even if you are unable to give them a loving home, you could always donate time or money to your favorite environmental charity.
Quotes About Kindness for Kids or Students
You can talk all day about the importance of being kind, but your kids will learn it the best by your actions. Here are some quotes about kindness you can share with your children or students.
21. “Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.” —Unknown
Your kids or students may feel as if they don’t have enough money or power to be kind. Teach them that kindness is free because it comes from the heart.
22. “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.” —Frank A. Clark
Often, small kids get hung up with wanting recognition or thanks for doing something kind. There are adults in the world who feel this way as well.
23. “Good words bring good feelings to the heart. Speak with kindness always.” —Rod Williams
This sentiment is especially important to teach children when they open social media accounts.
24. “Kind people are the best kind of people.” —Unknown
Hopefully, children are beginning to realize that the best athletes and entertainers are the ones who have both talent and a kind heart.
25. “Be nice to strangers. Be nice even when it doesn’t matter.” —Sam Altman
Although it is essential to teach our children to be nice to siblings and classmates, we also need to teach them to be kind to strangers as well.
How to Make Our World a Better Place
Are you inspired? What are you going to do right now to show kindness to others and make the world a better place?
First, you could share this article on social media. Others will be inspired to share these quotes on their social media accounts, and you could create a ripple that would have a positive effect on the world.
Second, you could call or text someone right now who you know needs to hear a kind and encouraging word. Perhaps you could call your grandma. Maybe you could text your widowed aunt. Why don’t you send get well wishes to someone who is fighting an illness or disease?
Next, make an extra effort to be friendly to people who aren’t kind to you. Bring coffee for your grouchy coworker. Leave flowers at the door of a grumpy neighbor. Reach out to an estranged friend or family member. Apologize to someone you treated unfairly.
Finally, be kind to your significant other, children, parents, and siblings. It’s sometimes difficult to be kind to those who leave their dirty socks on the floor or chew their celery in that annoying manner. But remember, you aren’t perfect either.
Let’s do it, America! Let’s change the world one kind act at a time.