A memory frame or memory box is a great way to gather and display items that signify an important person in your life. A memory box might include items like a child’s special art projects, drawings, or school assignments.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Memorial Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
- Wedding Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
- Baby or Newborn Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
- Graduation Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
- Retirement Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
It’s fun for kids to open up the box later and revisit artifacts from the past. A memory frame or shadow box is also a great way to honor someone who has passed away. You can arrange photos of your loved ones along with special personal items that represent his or her character.
For a special final touch, inscribe a message on the frame. Here, we explore some inscription ideas for many different kinds of memory frames.
Memorial Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
When someone dies, you may worry that you’ll forget about what your loved one looked like. Keeping a framed photo of someone who has passed away is a great way to preserve your memories of your loved one. Memorial frames with special inscriptions make great sympathy gift ideas and can help bring a sense of peace to those in mourning.
» MORE: Save thousands on funeral costs by knowing your options – schedule a free consultation today.
1. “What we keep in our memory is ours unchanged forever.”
This popular quote is often placed on headstones. It also fits as an inscription for a memorial picture frame. Pair it with an especially memorable photo of the deceased.
2. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
This quote is attributed to esteemed Scottish poet Thomas Campbell. It serves as a reminder that we keep our loved ones alive in our memories.
3. “The song has ended but the melody lingers on.”
This inscription is actually a line from an Irving Berlin song. This would be a great inscription in memory of someone who loved music.
4. “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
This quote is by Theodore Geisel, also known as Dr. Seuss. He’s known for his zany children’s books, but this memorial quote has a lot of emotional heft.
5. “When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.”
An engraving like this can turn a simple memory frame into something treasured.
Wedding Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
Most people’s wedding day is the most important date in their lives. So much goes into wedding planning. Creating a memory box with photos, dried flowers, and other wedding mementos makes for a lovely keepsake. These romantic inscriptions elevate this sweet gift.
6. “I love you because I know no other way than this.”
Pablo Neruda is an internationally renowned poet known for his romantic flair. This is one of his simpler quotes, but it makes a powerful engraving on a wedding memory fame.
7. “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.”
This line was originally penned by the famed English poet Robert Browning, but it was later adapted into a John Lennon song. It’s a sweet thought to accompany a newlywed photo.
8. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”
This timeless quote is attributed to Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, who lived over 2,300 years ago. It still stands the test of time and makes a lovely inscription for a memory frame.
9. “I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.”
This is a quote uttered by the character Mr. Darcy in the novel “Pride and Prejudice.” Many people consider Mr. Darcy to be an ideal love interest, so a quote from him is the height of romance.
10. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).”
This line is from a poem by the unconventional poet E.E. Cummings. It elegantly expresses the concept that a couple in love becomes inextricably linked.
Baby or Newborn Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
Babies have a big impact on the lives of people around them. In the early days, children grow by leaps and bounds. It’s important to commemorate those newborn days so you can always remember them. Check out these engraving ideas for a memory frame for a baby.
11. “I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.”
This quote is from the beloved children’s book “Love You Forever.” This sentiment is deeply relatable to even a new parent.
12. “Do you suppose she’s a wildflower?”
This quote is often attributed to Lewis Carroll, but it’s actually from Disney’s “Alice in Wonderland” animated movie. It makes a whimsical engraving for a memory frame for a little girl.
13. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
This Dr. Seuss quote is a perfect way to accompany a photo of a baby on the day he or she is born.
14. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
There are so many quotes from the Winnie the Pooh book series, it’s hard to choose just one. This particular quote captures the joy and wonder that you feel looking at your child.
15. “I love you to the moon and back.”
It’s impossible to pinpoint the origin of this phrase, used in countless stories. It’s a great way to express your love in a way that children can understand.
Graduation Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
Graduation, whether it’s from high school, college, or kindergarten, is always a big milestone. Engraved gifts, like inscribed memory frames, are a perfect gift for such an occasion. These inspirational messages are just the right fit.
16. “Kid, you'll move mountains.”
We’ve already mentioned a few quotes by Dr. Seuss. His wisdom happens to translate to many different stages of life. His book, “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” is a perennial favorite gift for graduates. This line from the book makes a short but impactful statement.
17. “Life is my college. May I graduate well and earn some honors!”
This Louisa May Alcott quote gently reminds the recipient that graduation doesn’t mark the end of an education. It’s an encouragement to continue to learn more important lessons throughout life.
» MORE: Need help paying for a funeral? Let Cake help with a free consultation.
18. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
Graduating from high school or college marks the beginning of an exciting journey. This message from C.S. Lewis brings hope to a new graduate.
19. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
Naturalist and writer Henry David Thoreau has had a lasting impact on the fields of writing and philosophy. This quote is one of his most straightforward and direct.
20. “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.”
This quote is attributed to Gabrielle Giffords, who has overcome immeasurable hardships of her own. This quote may be short and sweet, but its message is crystal clear.
Retirement Memory Frame Inscription Ideas
Retirement can be a bittersweet experience. Even if a new retiree is looking forward to leisure time, he still may miss his longtime coworkers. An inscribed memory frame can help him hold onto happier memories.
21. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.”
Retiring isn’t unlike graduating. It marks a whole new era of your life. This quote from Fred Rogers puts a positive spin on exiting the workforce.
22. “Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.”
Some people look forward to a quiet life after they retire. Others look forward to experiencing the adventures they never had time to embark on before. For someone in the latter group, this Ralph Waldo Emerson quote is a perfect fit.
23. “Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life into something new and different.”
This little bit of wisdom actually comes from financial planner Patrick Foley. While the advice may be intended for a retiree’s finances, the message works for all aspects of retired life.
24. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
Zig Ziglar was an author and motivational speaker who penned many books on business. This quote of his looks to the end of someone’s working life.
25. “Congratulations! Now the fun begins.”
Many retirees feel like they’ve missed out on important things in life while they focused on their careers. This inscription celebrates the fact that they finally get to live on their own terms.
Inscriptions Can Elevate a Memory Frame or Box
When people hit important milestones in life, it’s nice to give them a gift to commemorate the occasion. An engraved memory frame or memory box makes a great gift for so many occasions, from birth to graduation to retirement and more. Selecting the right inscription can make this special gift even more unique.