The relationship between twins is often exceptional. If you are a twin and separated from your other half, here are some quotes that might speak to you.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Quotes About Missing Your Twin Who Died
- Quotes About Missing Your Twin Who's Far Away
- Quotes About Missing Your Twin Brother
- Quotes About Missing Your Twin Sister
We are starting this blog with grief quotes. Please accept our condolences if you are missing your twin who passed.
Quotes About Missing Your Twin Who Died
We know that you might be wobbling as you learn to navigate life without your twin. Although they are few, look for resources that speak specifically about grieving for your twin.
Here are some quotes about grief that you might want to reflect on or share as you contemplate your loss. In addition, you might consider posting a quote on an online memorial site dedicated to your twin.
1. "Even though I couldn't stay, I'll still be with you every day. Your sister and twin I'll always be, for I am you and you are me." – Unknown
You can buy a print of this quote online.
2. "Not all twins walk side by side. Sometimes one has wings to fly." – Unknown
Consider displaying this quote near a photo of your twin.
3. "Death takes the body. God takes the soul. Our mind holds the memories. Our heart keeps the love. Our faith lets us know we will meet again." – Unknown
While this quote isn't specifically about the twin experience, it does speak about the grief of a person with faith.
4. "I can hear your absence in my soul, loud and luminous. Sometimes it's a hushed echo, lingering low and lurking loose, but it never fades. It takes a break, but it never breaks away." – VaZaki Nada
This quote reminds us that grief isn't a process that you "get through." Instead, the loss of your twin is something that you will feel for the rest of your life.
5. "Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart." – Melodie Ramone
Melodie Ramone is the author of Burning Down Rome.
6. "Being a twin, and knowing if my twin was gone or lost – that's a part of me. There's no way I could be the same person knowing my brother had passed away." – Scott Ellis
Scott Ellis is a director and actor. His brother, Mark, is the Executive Director of the International Bar Association.
Quotes About Missing Your Twin Who's Far Away
Are you missing your twin because they live in another part of town, another state, or another country? Here are quotes about the special bond between twins that will remind you that even though you may be apart, you'll always be together.
7. "There is a special bond between twin soul mates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the best in each other, and being highly compatible." – Julien Offray de La Mettrie
Julien Offray de La Mettrie was a French physician and philosopher.
8. "Being a twin is like being born with a best friend." – Tricia Marrapodi
Many quotes are similar to this one – probably because this is a common experience for twins.
9. "When twins are separated, their spirits steal away to find the other." – Jandy Nelson
Perhaps you feel that pull toward your twin, causing you to miss them more.
10. "At times like this, Eryn didn't feel like they were just twins. They were teammates. They were partners. They were two halves of the same brain." ― Margaret Peterson Haddix
Margaret Peterson Haddix is a prolific American author of children's novels.
11. "All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin." – Lord Byron
While this quote isn't specifically about being a twin, it describes the importance of sharing joy with others.
12. "Twins need to know that they can be alone without their twin." – Joan A. Friedman
Perhaps you need this reminder today. You can be alone without your twin – even if you would prefer not to be separated.
13. "The special relationship with twins is that, if there's anyone else in the world that's going to get or be the confidant that you need, it's an identical twin." – Sam Underwood
Sam Underwood is a British actor who played twins in The Following.
14. "Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than with their peers." – Jeanne Phillips
Perhaps you miss that feeling of safety you experience when you are with your twin.
15. "You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore . . . but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you." – Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran is the author of The Prophet.
16. "In this life, we will never truly be apart, for we grew to the same beat of our mother's heart." – Daphne Fandrich
Share this with your twin on a special day.
17. "Twins are more than just friends. They are more like a very small gang." – Unknown
Perhaps this quote would be more fitting to share with the parents of twins instead of your sibling.
18. "What can I tell you about the alchemy of twins? Twins are two bodies that dance to each other's joy. Two minds that drown in each other's despair. Two spirits that fly with each other's love. Twins are two separate beings conjoined at the heart!" – Kamand Kojouri
Kamand Kojouri is an author and poet.
Quotes About Missing Your Twin Brother
Do you wish to reconnect with your twin brother? Here are some quotes to share about the closeness of twins.
19. "I'm your twin. You're my twin. We stick together through thick & thin. No matter what I do, I'm always stuck with you. And if trouble comes our way, I know my twin will save the day. Wherever you may be, you're always stuck with me. When you're feeling sad & blue, call my name & I'll find you. We have a bond that's tried & true, you and me, me and you, two by two." – Unknown
Were you unable to find a fitting greeting card to celebrate your twin? Then, use this quote and make your own!
20. "When twins are separated, their spirits steal away to find the other." – Jandy Nelson
Jandy Nelson is an author of young adult fiction, including The Sky is Every Where.
Quotes About Missing Your Twin Sister
Are you missing your twin sister? Then you will understand this list of quotes about twins.
21. "A twin sister is like a good bra. Supportive, comfortable, there to lift you up, and always close to your heart." – Unknown
We wish we knew who penned this quote. It's a clever reminder about the unique twin bond.
22. "Being a twin, and being my sister's twin, is such a defining part of my life that I wouldn't know how to be who I am, including a writer, without that being somehow at the center." – Taiye Selasi
Taiye Selasi is a writer and photographer.
23. "Life is so much better when you have a twin to share the ride." – Unknown
Having a twin may not always feel like a blessing. Perhaps you need this reminder of your unique and special situation.
24. "Yes, I have a twin. No, we do not switch places." – Unknown
As a twin, do you get this question a lot?
25. "A joy that is shared is a joy made double." – English Proverb
Who better to share your joys with than your twin?
26. "A true twin will understand you even when you just say half a word." – Unknown
Do you have this kind of connection with your twin sister?
27. "She's half my soul and half my heart. Without my twin, I would fall apart." – Unknown
We don't know who penned this saying, but you might connect with its meaning.
28. "There is no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me." – Mary Montagu
Mary Montagu was an English aristocrat and poet.
29. "Is solace anywhere more comforting than within the arms of a sister?" – Alice Walker
Alice Walker is the first African-American woman to win the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. She is best known for her novel The Color Purple.
30. "For there is no friend like a sister // in calm and stormy weather // to cheer one on the tedious way // to fetch one if one goes astray // To lift one if one totters down // To strengthen whilst one stands." – Christina Rosetti
Christina Rosetti was a prolific English poet who penned "Remember," which is often used at funerals. This poem ends with the lines, "Better by far you should forget and smile //
Then that you should remember and be sad."
31. "I never had to be alone. You are what kept me standing strong. Forever sisters and always best friends. You have my love till the very end." – Unknown
Text this quote to your sister to make her feel special.
32. "I will never be alone because I have a twin sister." – Unknown
Perhaps this fact gives you a great deal of comfort.
33. "All kinds of weather // We stick together // The same in the rain or sun // Two different faces // But in tight places // We think and we act as one." – Irving Berlin
Irving Berlin wrote the song "Sisters," which is performed in the Christmas movie classic White Christmas.
34. "Sisters are different flowers from the same garden." – Unknown
This quote is often shared on social media.
Twins Share a Special Bond
We hope you enjoyed our list of quotes about twins and the bond between siblings. Share your favorite quotes with your twin or on social media to let the world know how much you love them.