One of the benefits of using Cake as your digital end-of-life planning tool is the ability to organize all your important documents and plans in one location. With our newest feature, it’s easy to upload any file you want included with your plan to be stored securely online with the rest of the documents you create on Cake.
What kinds of files to upload:
Signed Legal Forms
- Health Care Proxy & Advance Directives, Will/Trust, Power of Attorney for Finances, etc
Insurance Policies & Beneficiary Documents
- Life, health, and long-term care insurance, etc
- A list of where your banking/retirement/investment/loan accounts are held, including the location of your most recent tax return
- Mortgage information, deeds, leases, titles, home-owners' or renters' insurance policies
- Drivers license/ID, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, military/veteran benefit details, etc
Pre-made Funeral Arrangements
- Receipts for pre-paid expenses (e.g. plot, casket, gravestone)
- Veteran burial benefit information
Letters of Instruction
- Guardian letter: How to care for your children
- Pet care plan: How to care for your pet
- List of who should receive certain sentimental items
- Practical information about running your home/managing utilities and subscriptions
- Pre-written obituary or eulogy
- Photos for your obituary or memorial
- Ethical will or legacy letters to family members
Anything else you think will be helpful to those you leave behind!
How to upload a file to Cake:
- Log in to your Cake account
- Navigate to the “Store Your Documents” section
- Click on the “Upload
- Click “browse your computer”
- Select the file from your computer or device that you want to upload.
- Please note: the maximum file size for uploads is 30MB. Only document files (PDF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, ZIP) and image files (JPG, GIF, PNG) are allowed.
- Select a “Document type” from the dropdown
- If desired, update the “document name”
- If desired, add a note to provide further information about your document
- Click “Save”
- When the file is done uploading (you should see a “File uploaded” message), click “Close”
Tip: Use Cake on your phone or tablet to quickly snap and upload images of all your documents.
That's it! If you check out our upload documents feature and have suggestions for additional functionality you would like to see added, please send us a note with your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.