There could be many reasons that you are separated from those you love. Perhaps you live far away from each other, and it takes too much time and money for frequent visits. Maybe stay-at-home orders have kept you and your family separated for long periods.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Quotes About Being Reunited With Family
- Quotes About Reuniting With a Spouse or Partner
- Quotes About Reuniting With a Lost Love
- Quotes About Reuniting With a Friend
- Quotes About Reuniting WIth Someone After Death
Whether your separation was caused by economic hardships, pandemics, fights, growing apart, or maybe even death, it is sweet to be able to finally reunite with those you love.
Here are some quotes about being reunited with family members, romantic partners, or friends. In the last section, you may find sayings that would be appropriate to share as funeral quotes. We chose these particular quotes because they put into words the difficulty of being apart as well as the joy we feel when we are together again.
Quotes About Being Reunited With Family
Why are you and your family apart? Is it by choice or by circumstance? Are there negative feelings among several parties, or do you miss each other terribly?
Here are some quotes that discuss this separation and reunification.
1. “If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.” —Romans 12:18
Some families have the hardest time getting along with each other. Even though it is difficult to take the high road, the Bible recommends that you try to live peaceably with all men, including your brother-in-law.
2. “Family is like branches on a tree; we all grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.” —Unknown
You may think back fondly to when all your family members lived near one another. You may have pleasant memories of playing with your siblings and cousins (for cousin quotes, click here). Relive those happy times by organizing family events where everyone can reunite.
3. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” —Barbara Bush
Of course, Barbara Bush was the matriarch of the large Bush family, and she understood the importance of family unity and being together.
4. “The only thing sweeter than union is reunion.” —Kathleen McGowan
The younger people in your family will not understand the importance of being together unless you make it a priority in your life. Visit your parents and grandparents and attend family reunions.
5. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can play together all night.” —Bill Watterson
Bill Watterson is the creator of the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. We love Calvin’s description of dreams. Perhaps dreaming can take the sting out of being apart from a friend or family member.
Quotes About Reuniting With a Spouse or Partner
When you have some time to kill, look up videos of returning soldiers who see their spouse or partner after months of being away. Have tissues handy because you’ll be sure to cry.
Here are some quotes about how sweet it is to return to those we love after time away from each other.
6. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” —Charles Dickens
You may need to remind yourself of this truth if you are facing a tough goodbye.
7. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” —When Harry Met Sally
Sometimes we feel the need to be reunited not out of choice but out of necessity.
8. “Every long separation is a test: A test to see how powerful or how weak the will of reuniting is!” —Mehmet Murat ildan
Perhaps the relationships that have suffered a separation are the strongest.
9. “With a heavy heart, I pulled out my own pocket knife, and carved three little words beneath Archer’s. A plea and a wish, in a form I could never take back. Return to me.” —Ashleigh Zavarelli
This is a beautifully written description of being reunited with a past love. It can be found in the book Under the Cypress Tree.
10. “Reunited, and it feels so good.” —Peaches & Herb
Peaches & Herb released the song “Reunited” in 1978, and it won a Grammy for song of the year.
Quotes About Reuniting With a Lost Love
We are all suckers for stories about rekindled romances. Here are some quotes about reuniting with a lost love.
11. “The tenderest love requires to be rekindled by intervals of absence.” —Samuel Johnson
Samuel Johnson wrote in England during the 1700s, and apparently, he knew quite a bit about tender love.
12. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” —Francis Davison
Although one would think this saying came from the Bible, Shakespeare, or Benjamin Franklin, researchers say that it first appeared in a line of a poem by Francis Davison. Regardless of where it came from, its sentiments remain true.
13. “Feelings that came back are feelings that never left.” —Unknown
We wish we knew who said these wise words, but they speak to the heart about rekindled romances.
14. “No amount of time and space can separate you from the people you are meant to be with in your life.” —Unknown
Perhaps it is your fate that you ended up with your spouse or partner.
15. “It may take a year or it might take a day, but what’s meant to be will always find its way.” —Unknown
Although this sounds like something written in a greeting card, there is a certain amount of truth to this quote.
Quotes About Reuniting With a Friend
Do you have an old friend who you long to see? Why not try to reconnect? You may regret not taking the opportunity to reunite with a friend when you had the chance.
16. “Quarrel with a friend—and you are both wrong.” —Lao-tzu
Did a disagreement separate you and a friend? You may not even remember what you were fighting about when your relationship fell apart.
17. “I have lost friends, some by death—others through sheer inability to cross the street.” —Virginia Woolf
Sometimes people get lazy with friendships. Life gets busy, and people put friends on the back burner. Once these friends reunite, they often look at each other and ask, “why has it been so long?”
18. “Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.” —Anonymous
Perhaps you need to be the one who takes the first step to reunite with a lost friend. If you show kindness to your friend, they may welcome you back with open arms.
19. “Together at last! Together forever! We’re tying a knot they never can sever!” —Annie
These are the lyrics to “I Don’t Need Anything But You” from the musical Annie. Although it is about the relationship between Annie and Daddy Warbucks, it can also work for the friendship between you and your friend.
20. Retrouvaille: the joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation; rediscovery.
How frustrating is it that the French have the perfect word for reuniting with a friend. Look at all the English speakers who are using paragraphs of words trying to describe this phenomenon when the French have one simple word to describe this feeling.
Quotes About Reuniting With Someone After Death
As long as your loved one is still alive, you may feel hopeful that you will cross paths again someday. But what happens when someone dies? If you believe in an afterlife, you may feel that eventually, you will see your loved ones again. Here are some quotes about that happy reunification.
21. “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.” —The Bible
These are the words of Jesus that he said to his disciples. This passage can be found in the 14th chapter of John, and it is often used in loving memory of those we lost to death.
22. “‘Death’ is never an end, but a To Be Continued…” —Renee Chae
Death is a little less sad if you know that you will see your loved one in the afterlife. This quote reminds us of that.
23. “I’ll see you on the other side of the stars.” —Unknown
People have been trying to describe what happens after death since the beginning of time. It is the great unknown, but most hope to be reunited with friends and family once they cross into the next realm.
24. “The story of love is hello and goodbye... until we meet again.” —Jimi Hendrix
Some say that Jimi Hendrix was the best guitarist ever. He also seemed to know a bit about everlasting love.
25. “Happy trails to you, until we meet again.” —Roy Rogers and Dale Evans
Dale Evans and Roy Rogers were singing cowboys, and they were known for finishing each broadcast with the song “happy trails to you.”
When were you last reunited with someone you love? Perhaps it happened at a family event or ritual, like a wedding or a funeral. Maybe it happened when you went to a class reunion or saw an old friend walking down the street.
Although reunions are often happy occasions, why put yourself through the stress of being apart? Stay connected with your family and friends.