Saving money in your retirement is the best way to stretch your savings further. Whether you’re working towards a retirement bucket list or you’re just looking for ways to enjoy your favorite things, discounts make it possible to do more with less.
There are a lot of unexpected senior discounts out there, from your favorite restaurants to travel services.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Restaurants that Give Senior Discounts
- Retailers that Give Senior Discounts
- Services that Give Senior Discounts
- Entertainment Senior Discounts
- Travel Senior Discounts
As long as you’ve got a close eye on the latest discounts and offerings, you can make the most of your retirement savings. Don’t spend more than you need when shopping, traveling, or dining out. Protect your wallet and also try new things with this full list of great senior discounts for this year and beyond.
Make this the year of saving big, so you have more to spend where it matters most.
Restaurants that Give Senior Discounts
Eating out is one of the many joys of life. Whether you’re craving comfort food or you want to try a new cuisine, there are so many restaurants that offer senior discounts. These are primarily large national chains, but you might have luck with local restaurants as well. It never hurts to ask.
- Applebee’s: Land 10-15% on your meal depending on the location.
- Arby’s: Anyone 55+ gets 10% off at select locations.
- Ben & Jerry’s: For delicious ice cream, show your 60+ ID for 10% off.
- Bonefish Grill: If you’re an AARP member, you get 10% off your meal.
- Burger King: This fast-food favorite offers 10% off and additional coffee and drink discounts if you’re 60+.
- Carraba’s Italian Grill: AARP members get 10% off their entire meal depending on the location.
- Chick-fil-A: Seniors get free refillable drinks, not including coffee.
- Chili’s: Those who are 55+ get 10% off.
- Denny’s: Denny’s offers 10% off to AARP members.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: AARP members receive a free donut if they get a large or extra-large beverage at many locations.
- Friendly’s: At Friendly’s, get 10% off your meal and free coffee at breakfast.
- IHOP: Those 55+ get discounts through the senior menu.
- Krispy Kreme: For a delicious donut, seniors get 10% off depending on the location.
- McDonald’s: Seniors get discounts on coffee.
- Outback Steakhouse: AARP members get 10% off their meal.
- Perkins Restaurants: There’s a 55+ menu which has special deals and offers.
- Sizzler: Check the Honored Guest menu for ages 60+ for deals.
- Sonic: Sonic offers seniors 10% off or a free beverage.
- Subway: Those 60+ get 10% off at many Subway locations.
- Sweet Tomatoes: Every Monday - Thursday from 2-5 p.m., Sweet Tomatoes has a senior meal deal, which includes an all you can eat salad buffet and a fountain drink.
- Taco Bell: Taco Bell gives seniors 5% off and a free beverage.
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill: Join the Double Nickel Club to receive 25% off on Wednesdays.
- Village Inn: Get 10% off at Village Inn.
- Waffle House: Seniors get 10% off every Monday.
- Whataburger: For those 55+, get a free drink with the purchase of any meal.
- White Castle: 10% off is offered to seniors 62+.
Retailers that Give Senior Discounts
Many retailers also offer discounts to seniors. These often change depending on the season. The best way to stay up-to-date about the best retail deals is through retirement magazines. Otherwise, check out these offers below.
- Banana Republic: Those 62+ get 10% off their purchase.
- Bealls: On Tuesdays, seniors get 50% off.
- Belk: The first Tuesday of every month is Senior Day at Belk, which means 15% off.
- Dress Barn: On both Tuesday and Wednesday, Dress Barn offers 10% off to seniors.
- Fred Meyer: This grocery store chain offers 10-15% off depending on the department and the location.
- Goodwill: While each location is different, one day a week typically has a special discount for anyone 55+.
- Hallmark: Savings are offered to seniors one day a week. This day varies by location.
- Harris Teeter: When you use your VIC card, you get 5% off your purchase.
- Joann Fabric: 55+ customers get 20% in-store if they shop on Senior Discount Day.
- Kohl’s: In-store only, seniors receive 15% off on Wednesdays.
- Kroger: Many locations offer senior discounts, but talk to your local grocer for updated information.
- LensCrafters: AARP members get select discounts on lenses and glasses.
- Michaels: Michaels always offers 10% off on daily purchases for seniors.
- New Seasons Grocery: Seniors get discounts on most items every Wednesday.
- Publix: Publix offers a 5% discount on Wednesdays for 60+ shoppers.
- Ross: On Tuesdays, seniors receive 10%.
- Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Seniors save up to 50% off on certain days.
- TJ Maxx: In some states, TJ Maxx offers seniors 10% off on Mondays.
- Walgreens: Many locations offer Senior Days monthly for Balance Rewards card members or AARP members. This is typically 20% off in-store and 10% off online.
- UPS: AARP members save 15% off products and services and 5% off all types of shipping.
Services that Give Senior Discounts
Services and utilities also offer discounts for seniors. These could save you a pretty penny on your monthly budget, while also introducing you to new service you’ve never tried before.
- 1-800-Flowers: Send or receive a stunning bouquet with a discount for AARP members from this online floral service.
- AARP Prescription Card: Provided by OptumRx, AARP members save on FDA-approved prescription medications at the pharmacy.
- Allstate Roadside Assistance: If you’re an Allstate Insurance member and you have AARP, you can get roadside assistance at a special discounted price.
- Ancestry: To learn more about your family’s history, Ancestry offers 30% off on memberships with an AARP membership.
- AT&T: AARP members get a credit towards their bill when they buy a phone or other device.
- Atera Spas: Get a discounted spa service if you show proof of age at select spa locations.
- Bay Alarm Medical: For a medical alert system, Bay Alarms offers discounts for members of USAA, AARP, AMAC, and ASA.
- BB&T: Enjoy a senior checking account with extras specifically designed for seniors, free from any extra fees.
- Consumer Cellular: This low-cost phone plan offers a 5% discount on monthly usage and fees for seniors. AARP members can also get an additional discount on phone accessories.
- Costco Wholesale: If you’re a member of the Costco Wholesale program, you might also have access to low-cost or reduced prescription coverage.
- Great Clips: Lower cost haircuts are available for seniors depending on the location.
- Jiffy Lube: Snag auto service discounts at participating Jiffy Lube locations by asking about senior discounts.
- Sally Beauty: Get $2.50 off a membership to the Sally Beauty Club.
- Silver Sneakers: Get a free gym membership at participating fitness centers.
- TD Bank: TD Bank offers a senior checking account for clients 60+ with low-cost fees.
Entertainment Senior Discounts
Your golden years are all about having fun! Enjoy some of the more exciting things in life with these entertainment discounts on things like movie theaters, amusement parks, and beyond.
- AMC Theaters: See the latest blockbuster hit with senior discount tickets for those 60+.
- Cinemark: This theater offers lower cost tickets and screenings for seniors in select areas.
- Disney World: Occasionally, Disney World offers reduced-price admission tickets for seniors in membership programs like AARP.
- Dollywood: Dollywood regularly has discounted admission tickets to seniors who are 62+.
- Landmark Cinemas: Seniors 65+ get 20% off select movie tickets and concessions every Monday.
- Regal Cinemas: For customers 60+, access low-cost tickets at select theaters.
- SeaWorld: Purchase an annual pass for seniors at a lower rate.
- Showcase Cinemas: Every Wednesday, seniors 60+ get discounted admission on all regular movie tickets.
- U.S. National Parks: The National Park Service has discounted passes available for seniors 62+.
Travel Senior Discounts
Finally, many seniors use their retirement as a chance to travel and see the world. Whether you’re visiting family or exploring a new city, these travel discounts will get you there for less.
- American Airlines: Regularly offers discounts for those 65 and up. Call to apply for this discount on your next airline ticket.
- Amtrak: This train service has 15% off deals for seniors 62+.
- Auto Europe: If you’re planning to rent a car in Europe, save 5% by letting them know you’re a senior.
- Avis: AARP members save up to 303% off base car rental rates.
- British Airways: AARP members save up to $200 on flights around the globe.
- Budget Rental Cars: If you’re an AARP member, you can score up to 30% off on this service as well.
- Carnival Cruise: Senior cruise rates are offered on slow season times throughout the year.
- Choice Hotels: If you make an advanced reservation, AARP members save up to 10% on hotel rooms.
- Comfort Suites: Comfort Suites has a Senior Rate for those 60+ or an AARP member to save up to 10% with an advanced reservation.
- Days In: Call to request a senior rate.
- Greyhound: This bus service offers seniors 5% savings.
- Hampton Inn: AARP members save up to 10% in their room reservation.
- Hertz: Join the car rental program for 50+ to get exclusive deals.
- Hilton Hotels: AARP members save up to 5% off the best room rate.
- Hyatt: During special times of the year, Hyatt discounts for seniors.
- InterContinental Hotels Groups: AARP discounts are typically given dependent on the location and time of year.
- Marriott Hotels: For those 62+, get up to 15% off on a Marriott Hotel stay.
- Motel 6: Motel 6 gives seniors 10% off their best rate.
- One Travel: Locate all the best senior deals in one place with the senior price comparison tool.
- Southwest Airlines: Southwest has many discounts available on flights for those 65 and up. The best way to find out about these deals is to call.
- Royal Caribbean: Select sailings have reduced senior prices for 55+.
- Trailways: Save on your bus ticket with a discounted senior ticket for travelers 65+.
- TripBeat: If you’re looking for a vacation deal, score big savings on select resort vacation rentals.
- Wyndham Hotels: If you’re an AARP member, you can get 20% off many room rates.
Save Big During Retirement
As you age, a lot of things change. Not all of those changes have to be intimidating or complicated. In fact, some are wonderful. Having more time to devote to travel, spending time with family, and enjoying your hobbies is always worth celebrating. Make the most of every minute with these senior discounts above.
Another tool that’s always free is Cake’s end-of-life planning platform. It’s easy and always free to start end-of-life planning with Cake. In just a few minutes, you’ll be on your way to a brighter, clearer future.